HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician

Honda: vapor canister saturated, failed vent solenoid and failed purge

I have an engine light on my honda crv 2003.The OB11 code is 1457 and posible causes are:loose fuel cap, vapor canister saturated, failed vent solenoid and failed purge solenoid.I already check the fuel cap and i did not found any problem.How im going to trouble shoot this?
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomerand welcome to,

P1457 is indicative of a large evap leak. Usually it is the fuel cap.

Have you cleared the code? Did it come back on right away?

You might have to bring it to the dealer or a repair shop that can perform a evap function test. This test checks all the solenoids and valves in the evap system by pressuring the system and cycling the valves. If the fuel cap is good then it will pass the test.

If it does not pass the test, and the fuel cap passes its own individual pressure test, than there is a leak somewhere in the system that only a repair shop with the right equipment can diagnosis. good luck and let me know if you need any more help.

If my answer has helped you please "ACCEPT" the answer. This is a pay site and I do not get credit for my answers until you accept.Feedback and bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your business!!!