HONDASERVICE7791
HONDASERVICE7791, Honda Technician
Experience:  OVER 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE WITH 10 YEARS ACURA/ HONDA
8532170

2008 Honda Civic: anti-theft..radio code..Battery died..audio system

Customer Question

how do I enter the anti-theft radio code on my new 2008 Honda Civic? I have the code but no intructions in manual on exactly how to enter it. Battery died and had to be charged and audio system died. Dosplay reads "Code Error E".
Category: Honda
Expert:  HONDASERVICE7791 replied 8 years ago.

helloCustomerand welcome to justanswer.com, first of all the code has been entered too many times, the radio is locked. To unlock the radio you can do it too ways

1. disconnect the battery again and wait at least ten minutes
  2. in the underhood fuse box locate the "backup' 10 amp fuse and remove for at least 20 secs.

either way hopefully you will get back to just reading "code" on the radio.

enter the code using the radio presets as the number for the code.ie.. code 11111

use the number 1 preset to enter, once you've entered the last number the ra Feedbackdio should beep and come on. hope this helps

if this answer helps you please ACCEPT the answer. This is a pay site and I do not get paid until you accept. Thanks for your business!!Laughingfeedback is encouraged and bonuses are greatly appreciated

honda service7791

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How could the code have been entered too many times since I haven't been able to enter it yet? I'm confused when you say to use the number 1 preset to enter. Are you saying to first press 1, and then enter the 5 digit code? Do I enter anything after entering the 5 digit code, or will the audio system just start after entering the last digit?

If you pressed any of the radio preset buttons any number of times then it would be like entering the wrong code. Either way you need to reset the radio to just say "code".Let me give you another example of entering the code.

code 123456

1. using the radio presets: start by pressing #1 preset for "1"
  2. press radio preset #2 for the number "2"
  3. press radio preser #3 for the number "3"
  4. press radio preset #4 for the number "4"
  5. press radio preset #5 for the number "5"
  6. press radio preset #6 for the number "6"

after you enter the last number the radio will come on

note if the code is 63514 -you start with radio preset #6

and end with radio preset #4 -Is it clear now?

Let me know

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for spelling it out for me. I just wanted to make sure I understood your instructions. Now, I hope I can find the fuse box - I pretty much no mothing about cars.   Thanks again.
THE UNDERHOOD FUSE BOX IS LOCATED ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE IF YOU ARE STANDING IN FRONT OF THE CAR. IT IS BLACK AND ABOUT THE SIZE OF A SLICE OF BREAD. OPEN THE COVER AND TURN IT OVER.IT WILL SAY WHICH FUSE IS THE BACK UP.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hooray! Found the fuse box and radio now works!!! Will definitely leave positive feedback.    THANKS!

GREAT!!! Glad I could help! Please request me in the future!! Thanks for the feedback and have a nice weekend.

hondaservice7791