Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Aftermarket & Factory Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.

Drain the windshield washer fluid? I put coolant in by mistake!

Customer Question

How do I drain the windshield washer fluid? I put coolant in by mistake!
Category: Honda
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 8 years ago.
Year, Make & Model?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
2000 Honda Odyssey

You could syphon out the coolant/washer fluid mix with a hose & 1/4 fill Resivoir with a mix of water & Mr.Clean. Disconnect hose from wiper sprays or Washer Motor & pump the cleaner out. The 1/4 fill with Washer Fluid & empty out again.

Or remove Resivoir:

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'd like to try to siphon it out - i'm already dumb for putting in the coolant! so, next dumb question - how do I siphon out the coolant? I'll "accept" your answer now. thanks.

Easiest way is to insert one end of a long piece of hose into the Resivoir, until it reaches bottom.
Insert the other end of the hose into a container on the ground (lower then the resivoir)

Next, take a short piece of hose, insert one end into the Resivoir & wrap it & the other hose with a rag that will cover the Resivoir hole. Blow into the other end of the short piece of hose, while holding rag to seal the hole & hoses.
The pressure of the air will force the Coolant/washer fluid out the long hose & into the cantainer. Once the fluid starts coming out, stop blowing & let it syphon out.
Just be sure not to move the Long hose