Craig
Craig, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  11 Yrs Honda Dealership Experience, Honda Platinum Certification 2003, ASE Master with L1 Advanced
6983326

2004 Honda Odyssey rear automatic sliding door lock wont latch

Customer Question

2004 Honda Odyssey rear automatic sliding door lock won''t latch
Category: Honda
Expert:  Craig replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to the site.

Sounds like the closer latch assembly in the door has gone bad. I have replaced a lot of these latches over the last few years. Can you manually push the door closed? Make sure you are pushing on the bottom corner of the window glass NOT on the door as you will dent the door.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes I can make the door close and with pressure on the window, but I'm still lost about your answer. Can not find a print on the door panel to take it apart and I was told you could adjust the lock to work? I don't want to take it back to Honda for the second door to cost me $1200 to replace the motor. Please help explain this.

Poppa 95
Expert:  Craig replied 8 years ago.
With this being a power latch closer motor, there is no adjustment. If you can manually close this door and it latches, the closer motor has most likely gone bad. $1200 seems really steep for this repair? You can buy just the closer motor and install it yourself if you don't mind taking the door apart but at a minimun you will have to diassemble the door just to do the electrical tests on the motor itself.