Kyle N.
Kyle N., Honda Master Tech
Experience:  Honda Dealer Tech, ASE Master Auto Tech

what can i do if says code error E radio

Customer Question

i have a 2006 honda civic that kept telling me error 2 error 3 etc. till E after a boost given to my car. I have done thos before and it worked but not this time. Help please Nancy
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 8 years ago.

It's telling you those errors because the radio lost battery power and needs to have the security code entered to make it work again. You have to disconnect the negative battery cable and then reconnect it then enter the radio code. If you don't have the code then you can turn the radio off, hold down the 1 and 6 button and then while still holding the buttons and turn back on the radio. Then the display will show the serial number. Call your local dealership and they'll give you the code.