JHoop, Honda Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner

where is the thermostat located in a 99 honda accord dx (4 cylinder)

Customer Question

I am trying to replace a thermostat in my 99 honda accord dx, but I can not find the location.
Category: Honda
Expert:  JHoop replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing

If you follow the Lower Radiator Hose up to the side of the engine, the housing it connects too, is the Thermostat Housing. Remove that, and you got yourself a Thermostat. The Thermostat has has a little button on it. Pay attention which way it is facing inside the housing, so you can put the new one in exactly the same way (direction).
You must drain the coolant to complete this job.
I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
Don't forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks.