kibmech347, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years experience,honda,gm trained

1993 Honda Accord- I broke a valve cover bolt as I

1993 Honda Accord- I broke a valve cover bolt as I was tightening the cover. It was the front left one (as you face the engine). It is one of the bolts that is attached to the rocker arm. I have ordered a replacement bolt. What do I need to do to replace that bolt? Do I have to take the whole rocker assembly out?
Category: Honda
Expert:  kibmech347 replied 8 years ago.

hi, if you can get the broken bolt out, then no you don't have to take the rocker arm shaft off. just replace the bolt and torque it 16 ftlbs.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to kibmech347's Post: I was looking in my Haynes book and this bolt is one of the rocker arm assembly bolts and there is a sequence of loosening and tightening the bolts. Do I have to worry about that, or can I just take that one bolt off. They made is sound like you have to take all the bolts off. There are some warnings about not making the cam shaft pop off. But that was only for taking out the whole rocker arm assembly.