Brad
Brad, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
5135651

2001 honda civic: maint..about 10 seconds after I start the car

Customer Question

in my 2001 honda civic my maint. req. light blinks for about 10 seconds after I start the car, then turns off. The car runs fine! Does thi smean we need an oil change or something?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Brad replied 9 years ago.
Yes that is exactly what this is.. a light to remind you that you're due for normal maintenance.

To reset this, turn the key off then press and hold the odometer reset button on the instrument panel. While holding this in turn the key on.

Continue holding this button in until the light flashes several times and then goes out. It is now reset.

Even though it won't be lit, make sure you reset it again after your next oil change. This will re-synchronize the maintenance reminder system.

Good luck!