Kyle N.
Kyle N., Honda Master Tech
Experience:  Honda Dealer Tech, ASE Master Auto Tech

93 honda accord fuel injector not injecting. Fuel is

Customer Question

93 honda accord fuel injector not injecting. Fuel is in fuel rail and pressure regulator seem to be fine. Please help Harold!
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 9 years ago.

Hi Harold,

Is it one injector giving you a problem or all?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
All injector
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 9 years ago.
The main relay is faulty.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Kyle Northrop's Post: Is it call the main relay or fuel injector relay? I,m having a hard time locating in the car and at the parts center.
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 9 years ago.

It's called a main fuel relay or main relay for short. The relay is under the cruise control module under the driver's dash. If you look up under the driver's dash you'll see a metal box and it should say cruise module. You have to remove three 10mm bolts and unplug the connector to the box and you can remove it. Under the box is the main relay. It's held in by one 10mm bolt.

Let me know if you need more help. I can get you pictures by I'd have to take them...

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
A picture would be greatly appreciate. thank
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 9 years ago.

Here's the picture out of the service manual,

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The reason that I haven't accepted yes to your answer, because when I finally got the car started it had a low end miss. It was very hard to start after I changed the main relay, but I got running.I also put the old main relay back in the and it's working. The spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and button, injector o-rings and grommet all has been changed and there is no difference in engine performance.I got frustrated and took a break from the project, I'm not ruling your expertise out because your help was greatly appreciated and I'm looking for advice from you in the near future, but there is something else going with the engine.                                        &nb sp;                      Harold
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 9 years ago.

Ok no problem,

Main relays always fail intermittantly so the old one may work if you reinstalled it. It's not uncommon. It's the solder joints on the inside of the circuit board. They crack and the circuit goes open. You can tap the relay housing and get it to start usually but it's better to replace it to ensure the car is reliable.

If you have an engine miss let it run and pull one spark plug wire at a time and see what happens. If you pull a plug wire on a good cylinder that's not missing the engine will slow down. If you pull a plug and nothing happens that's your problem cylinder.

Let me know

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
#1and # XXXXX cylinder has no change in engine performance.
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 9 years ago.

Ok then the 1 and 2 cylinder aren't making power. Next you want to do a compression test in those cylinders. You may need a valve adjustment on those two cylinders, you may have two bad injectors. It's hard to say BUT you are one step ahead so don't get discouraged.