JoeHonda
JoeHonda, Honda Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Tech. Honda Certified Master Tech. Honda Platinum Level Customer Service Award
4196756

How to reset alarm in Honda Odyssey 2002

Customer Question

When I try to start engine my alarm also start. I have to disconect my batery to stop alarm.
Category: Honda
Expert:  JoeHonda replied 7 years ago.

You need to use the remote to deactivate the alarm. If the remote isn't working or you don't have it you cal usually shut off the alarm by closing the drivers door, use the key to unlock the door from the outside, then open the door. Let me know if you have the remote but it isn't working. Check to see if the small red light on the remote goes on when you push a button.

Thanks

Joe

JoeHonda, Honda Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Tech. Honda Certified Master Tech. Honda Platinum Level Customer Service Award
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The car is immobulized i don't know if this is the right word, right know i can't even insert key into the driver door. My remote control can only open the door but nothing else. Is it true that i have to have the password XXXXX unblock the alarm? When we bought this honda the manual did not come with it. Everything stated when my son started playing with the car. The car armed itself and i cant do anything else. please help. Jacek
Expert:  JoeHonda replied 7 years ago.

No there is no password XXXXX you could use to start the vehicle. Use the remote to unlock the door, then insert the key into the ignition and try to start the vehicle. If it starts great, if not does the green key symbol in the dash flash on and off. If o the key is not being recognized by the immobilizer system. This is the only way the immobilizer works, when a key is inserted into the ignition the computer checks to see if the chip inside the key is one that is authorized to start the vehicle, if it is not the vehicle wont start and the green key symbol will flash.

Let me know how this works out.

Thanks

Joe

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When I open the door with the the alarm sound and when i insert key in the ignition the key was in red color, but now there is no key at all. The car is not starting and the alarm is on all the time.
Expert:  JoeHonda replied 7 years ago.

Close all the doors, insert the key into the door lock cylinder of the drivers door. Lock then unlock the door with the key not with the remote.

Let me know if the alarm shuts off.

Joe

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
We already trided this and it did not work. We tried this right know and when i lock the everything is ok but when i unlock the alarm starts, we did not open the doors just unlock the door with the key, it sound for like one cycle and alarm shut itself of, but i cant even touch my car righth now because alarm is starting.
Jacek
Expert:  JoeHonda replied 7 years ago.

Is the remote working? Can you lock & unlock the doors with it?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes i can
Expert:  JoeHonda replied 7 years ago.

When you use the remote to unlock the door will the alarm shut off?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, Alarm just shut down after 1 cycle( 20 sec.) If I'm not doing anything more to my car.. But thx for Help... We can't try do something, because its late now and my neiber is mad at me!
Expert:  JoeHonda replied 7 years ago.

Let me know tomorrow if the remote shuts off the alarm.

Thanks Again

Joe