Steve
Steve, Service Manager
Experience:  25+ years experience as a professional technician; ASE L1 Master Technician

how to replace suzuki xl7 headlight assembly

Customer Question

how to remove headlight assembly, replace lamps, replace assembly, tools required
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Do most inquiries go unanswered as mine has??
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

Hello!

Apologies for the delay; if none of the experts online at the time the question is posted have the information you are looking for, it can sometimes take a while to get a response. Also, most of the experts tend to concentrate first on the questions for which a deposit has been made in advance, and answer the not yet paid ones last (since we do not get paid for our time if a customer does not complete payment for the answer).

I have located the procedure for replacing the headlamp assembly. I cannot tell you exactly what size tools are required to remove the bolts; service manuals do not contain this detailed information... you will need to look at the fasteners to see what size tehy are. Most import headlamps that I hace come across wrere removeable with a 10 mm socket though.

Here is the procedure from the manual. I hope this is helpful; if so, please click my accept button to complete payment of the amount you have offered for assistance... thanks!

_______________________

Removal

1. Disconnect negative cable (-) at battery.
  2. Remove front grille.
  3. Disconnect harness and couplers from headlight assembly.
  4. Remove three bolts and pull headlight assembly off vehicle.

Installation
Reverse removal procedure for installation.

graphic

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
not much help unless you give me detailed instructions on removing the grill. also what about alingment and aiming?
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

The manual does not have any information for removing the grille; if you look at the grille I am sure you will see the screws that hold it in place. You have to understand that service manuals assume that you are familiar with some basic procedures, and they never tell you exactly which tool to pick up for which fastener. What I have provided for you is the entire procedure, start to finish, as it is printed in the professional repair information database I pay $3000 a year for access to; there is no further information to provide.

As far as aiming, if all youa re doing is replacing the bulb then it should not require aiming. if youa re removing the headlamp assembly, aiming is recommended but you will need headlight aiming equipment to meaure the aim point... there is no manual procedure for aiming without having the proper measuring equipment.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
answer received from Steve was not helpful as it lacked detail necessary to do the job. Steve also referred to my vehicle as a Honda when it is acttually a Suzuki xl7 as stated in my original question.
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.

I don't understand; I have provided you with ALL of the service information that Suzukei makes available to professional technicians, and it is still not enough. I never once used the word "Honda" anywhere in my response, as you stated; I read through my answers 3 times; I am not sure where you came up with that, other than you have posted the question in the "Honda Questions" category

The manual does not tell you how to remove the grille. You need to actually look at the grille annd remove the screws holding it in place. Screws are always visible and removal is obvious, that is why they do not put this information in the manuals. It is simply not possible to provide an indiviaual screw specific, incredibly detailed answer as you seem to be seeking...

I am going to opt out of this question and open it up for any other professional that want s to take a stab at answering it. I have already invested a half hour researcihing and posting the information I provided for you (whuich I had to purchase in the first place); there is simply no further information to provide for this relatively simple job...