JoeHonda
JoeHonda, Honda Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Tech. Honda Certified Master Tech. Honda Platinum Level Customer Service Award
4196756

HAD A NEW COMPRESSOR INSTALLED, OLD ONE AND CLUTCH were SHOT...freon

Customer Question

HAD A NEW COMPRESSOR INSTALLED, OLD ONE AND CLUTCH WERE SHOT. A/C CLUTCH STILL DOES NOT ENGAGE. A/C FREON CHARGE IS CORRECT.
Category: Honda
Expert:  JoeHonda replied 10 years ago.

The relays are bolted to the fan shroud near the drivers front corner of the engine compartment. I would suggest checking the a/c pressure switch first (its mounted in the receiver/dryer) jump the switch with a paper clip if to compressor turns on when jumped the switch is bad. There was also a service bulletin on the wiring to the relays as they would rub together and possibly short. So check the wiring at & near the 2 relays. Also the compressor clutch & condenser fans relays are mounted together and are the same so if you suspect 1 is bad switch it with the other to confirm.

I hope this information is helpful to you

Thanks

Joe

if you send me you e-mail address I can forward you a picture of the relay location and the service bulletin.