Kyle N.
Kyle N., Honda Master Tech
Experience:  Honda Dealer Tech, ASE Master Auto Tech

1988 Honda Civic Dx: the Kelly Blue Book Value..door sedan..mileage

I can't find the Kelly Blue Book Value for a 1988 Honda Civic Dx 4 door sedan mileage 66.223 that I am thinking of buying as a second car. Can you help me? Any trouble with the head gaskets..transmission or emission systems on these cars. Thank you for anyhelp you can give me. Mcs
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kyle N. replied 9 years ago.

I just looked it up on and in my area with an automatic transmission and in good condition it's rate as $1870.

Those particular models hardly ever have any issues. They may need a coil/ignitor or a main relay which are common failures but that's about it. No real transmission issues or emissions that I can think of. Being that it's getting older the emissions could become an issue but if it passes inspection now then you're probably ok.