Hondaman414, Shop Foreman/Head Technician
Experience:  Platinum level Certified Honda Diagnostic Technician, Honda exp since 1998, ASE Master Certified

Customer Question

I know code is for trans, but what is the problem. it not giving me an actual sensor, part or sytem of the trans that the problem is in.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Hondaman414 replied 9 years ago.

P1768 is a DTC for a problem in the clutch pressure control solenoid valve. This code is more commonly caused by a faulty solenoid than the trans itself depending on mileage. There is a screen inside this solenoid that can become restricted over time with debris if the transmission has not had the fluid changed regularly or if the transmission clutches are deteriorating. You can test the resistance of the solenoid, it should be 5 ohms disconnected at the solenoid.