Tech444
Tech444, Ase certified Honda certified tech
Experience:  17 year Honda Master Tech troubleshooting specialist all includes electrical
1822075

how do you replace a starter for a 2002 honda civic si and ...

how do you replace a starter for a 2002 honda civic si and where is it located and look like?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tech444 replied 7 years ago.
  1. Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio, then write down the customer's radio station presets.

2. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery first, then disconnect the positive cable.

3. Remove the resonator.

1. Disconnect the starter cable (A) from the B terminal on the solenoid, then disconnect the BLK/WHT wire (B) from the S terminal.

2. Remove the two bolts holding the starter, then remove the starter.

3. Install in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the crimped side of the ring terminal (A) is facing out.

4. Connect the positive cable to the battery first, then connect the negative cable.

5. Start the engine to make sure the starter works properly.

6. Enter the anti-theft code for the radio, then enter the customer's radio station presets.

7. Set the clock.

8. graphic

Experience: 17 year Honda Master Tech troubleshooting specialist all includes electrical
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i need more detailed info for the diagram because im looking under my car i think i see the starter but im not sure and i need to know if im taking off the right bolts i dont know what im really looking at
Expert:  Tech444 replied 7 years ago.

Ok remove the air box to get to the starter 3 10mm gold bolts slide the air box out of the way then there are 2 14mm bolts holding the starter in heres another pic to help

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
after i took out the airbox there was still no access to the starter or the bolt that you told me i would see. Is this diagram the right daigram for a 2002 honda civic si hatchback
Expert:  Tech444 replied 7 years ago.

Ok hold on this is for a coupe,ill post the 3 door now

1. Make sure you have the anti-theft code for the radio, then write down the customer's radio station presets. Make sure the ignition switch is OFF.

3. Disconnect the knock sensor connector.

1. Remove the bolt (A) securing the harness bracket, then remove the intake manifold bracket (B).

2. Disconnect the starter cable (A) from the B terminal on the solenoid, then disconnect the BLK/WHT wire (B) from the S terminal.

3. Remove the two bolts holding the starter, then remove the starter

4. Install the starter in the reverse order of removal. Make sure the crimped side of the ring terminal (A) is facing out.

5. Connect the positive cable to the battery first, then connect the negative cable.

6. Start the engine to make sure the starter operates properly.

7. Enter the anti-theft code for the radio, then enter the customer's radio station presets.

8. Set the clock.

9. graphicgraphicgraphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can i have the daigram now
Expert:  Tech444 replied 7 years ago.
Yes its poted
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ok now how do i access it because it looks like i would have to take the whole intake manifold out
Expert:  Tech444 replied 7 years ago.

Its just very tight you need to remove the harness bracket and the intake manifold braket,this is hard because its a very tight space even on the lif up in the air its still hard to do .Need log exstensions and swivel sockets