Kyle N.
Kyle N., Honda Master Tech
Experience:  Honda Dealer Tech, ASE Master Auto Tech

2001 honda accord: the air bags and seat belts SRS light stays on

i have a 2001 honda accord the light on the dash that effects the air bags and seat belts SRS light stays on. is it a sensor that has to be replaced and where wouldyou locate it to replace

Hi, thanks for the question.

You need to have it scanned to find out what's wrong with it. Since it's a 2001 Accord the most common code I see is for the driver's seat belt buckle switch. I bet I'm correct but you should just pay the dealer to scan it. If it's related to the seat belts the repair is free for the life of the car. Honda has a lifetime seat belt warranty. Let me know if you need more help. Actually I hardly ever see a customer actually pay for an SRS repair. It's usually covered by Honda.