Tech444, Ase certified Honda certified tech
Experience:  17 year Honda Master Tech troubleshooting specialist all includes electrical

How can I make the Slim Jim work on my 96 honda accord

Customer Question

I can't find the control arm inside the door. I need a diagram of the inside of the door or some helpful tips/instructions? Will only pay if I get an answer before midnight tonight- 11/08/06- will pay $30 if answered before then and the answer helps me get the car unlocked. Please help, asap!!
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tech444 replied 9 years ago.

Ok bend the slim jim so when you installit it will go towards the inside of door then insert it right by the outer door handle and slide down and right wiggle and pull up heres a diagram of the door

Ok this should help

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Tech444's Post: 1- Driver's side or passenger?

2- Just to the left of the handle or to the right of the handle (based on which side of car as well)?

3- what angle should I have the slim jim at when entering and pulling up to unlock?
Expert:  Tech444 replied 9 years ago.
Drivers enter it right above the door handle enter slim jim straight down with the tip bent in and open and close handle whilw doing it and you will feel the lock rod then pull up
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Tech444's Post: I swear i'm not an idiot, but it isn't working. I've been going at it for hours.
Expert:  Tech444 replied 9 years ago.

All right this nust be a 2dr car do like i said but instead of pulling up go side to side till you see the lock button start to move then jerk it towards front of car