Tech444, Ase certified Honda certified tech
Experience:  17 year Honda Master Tech troubleshooting specialist all includes electrical

honda: left and right rear interior plastic panels..CRV...mounting

How do I remove the left and right rear interior plastic panels of my honda CRV. I need to remove these plastic wall panels to access the top of the frame member to drill holes and install the mounting the plates, which have 4 in bushings attached. These mountaing plates with attached bushings are use to attach a Honda dealer supplier trailer hitch. The issue is...I do not know how to remove and re-install the plastic panels without damaging them. These are the interior panels that cover the left and right interior walls and side portion of the floor on my 2006 Honda CRV
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tech444 replied 10 years ago.

Special Tools Required

• KTC trim tool set SOJATP2014

• Put on gloves to protect your hands.

• Take care not to bend or scratch the trim and panels.

• Use the appropriate tool from the KTC trim tool set to avoid damage when prying components.

1. Remove these items:

1. Remove the rear side trim panel (A).

-1 Open the lid (B) and remove the screw (C), then remove the cargo hook (D).-2 Release the hooks (E), then remove the jack cover (F).-3 Remove the clip (G), then pull the trim panel back by hand to detach the clips (H, I).-4 Release the hooks (J) from the C-pillar trim (K) and D-pillar trim (L), then pull the trim panel forward.
    2. Install the panel in the reverse order of removal, and note these items:

• Check the clips for damage or stress-whitening, and replace them with new one.

• Make sure there are no twists or kinks in the seat belt.

• Push the clips and hooks into place securely.

• Well I hope this was what your looking for if not im sure i can get you what you need