Tech444
Tech444, Ase certified Honda certified tech
Experience:  17 year Honda Master Tech troubleshooting specialist all includes electrical
1822075

1999 honda accord. How do i install a power steering pump

No Comment Added
Category: Honda
Expert:  Tech444 replied 8 years ago.
This is for a 4 cylinder I will post a six underneath

Place a suitable container under the vehicle.

Drain the power steering fluid from the reservoir.
Remove the belt by loosening the pump mounting bolt and pump lock bolt .

Cover the A/C compressor with several shop towels to protect it from spilled power steering fluid.

Disconnect the pump inlet hose and pump outlet hose from the pump , and plug them. Take care not to spill the fluid on the body or parts. Wipe off any spilled fluid at once.
Remove the pump mounting bolt and pump lock bolt, then remove the pump. Do not turn the steering wheel with the pump removed.

Cover the opening of the pump with a piece of tape to prevent foreign material from entering the pump.

Connect the pump inlet hose and pump outlet hose. Tighten the pump fittings securely.

Loosely install the pump in the pump bracket with the mounting bolt and lock bolt.
Install the pump belt.

Note these item during belt installation:

Make sure that the power steering belt is properly positioned on the pulleys .

Do not get power steering fluid or grease on the power steering belt or pulley faces. Clean off any fluid or grease before installation.

Adjust the pump belt adjustment.

Fill the reservoir to the upper level line.
Now for a V-6

Remove the intake manifold cover.

Cover the crankshaft pulley with several shop towels to protect if from spilled power steering fluid. Disconnect the pump inlet hose and pump outlet hose from the pump , and plug them. Take care not to spill the fluid on the body or parts. Wipe off any spilled fluid at once.

Remove the belt by loosening the pump adjusting nut , then remove pump mounting bolts , nut and pump. Do not turn the steering wheel with pump removed
Connect the pump outlet hose and inlet hose.

Tighten the pump fittings securely.

Loosely install the pump in the pump bracket with the mounting bolts and nut.
Install the pump belt on the pulley .

Note these items during belt installation:

Make sure that the power steering belt is properly positioned on the pulleys.

Do not get the power steering fluid or grease on the belt or pulley faces. Clean off any fluid or grease before installation.
Adjust the pump belt adjustment.

Fill the reservoir to the upper level line
Well hope this helped please accept if it did
Bonuses greatly appreciated!:)
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Tech444's Post: Would i need to bleed anything to remove excess air from the lines. and what if any special tools do i need.
Expert:  Tech444 replied 8 years ago.
Just turn the wheel side to side and top off reservoir turning the wheel bleeds out the air
Well if you found this info helpful please accept
Bonuses greatly appreciated!:)
Experience: 17 year Honda Master Tech troubleshooting specialist all includes electrical