Tech444, Ase certified Honda certified tech
Experience:  17 year Honda Master Tech troubleshooting specialist all includes electrical

1999 honda civic: 4dr..5speed..abs light came..abs module( the brain)

i have a 1999 honda civic 4dr ex 5speed american built. the abs light came on, so i took it to the dealer. they said it needs an abs module( the brain). i ordered one from the used part store. this did not fix the problem, so i orederd another one thinking i could be bad. the light still stays on. they did the check and charged me 89.99. what should i do next?
Well give me the exact code usually the problem on the civic are the abs wheel sensor can you get me the code from you reciept
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Tech444's Post: the code from my receipt? honda did not give me a receipt. i am calling then now for the code! this will take a few minutes, is that ok?
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Tech444's Post: ok, i have the receipt. i dont see a code on my receipt. treadwell honda and trax repair center said it was the abs control unit ( module).
OK if you want we can get the code ourselves if you have some time theres a blue 2 pin connector under glove box use paper clip short it out turn ignition on count the abs blinks short then long blinks let me know the out come will see for sure what the problem is
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Tech444's Post: the honda is getting me the code off of his hard copy and is calling me back in a few minutes, please give me a few more minutes.
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Tech444's Post: ok i just got the code from honda, it is code 54
Ok i have the test for code 54 if you give me your email ill send it over its possible the control unit but i doubt it look at the test when i send it
Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Tech444's Post:[email protected]
Ok sent it over let me know if you got it