Dave, Mobile Electronics Install Tech
Experience:  Professional car audio, video, navigation, security & custom fabrication since 1999. MECP

2005 Honda accord: i accelerate..rpms..passenger side..side doors

Customer Question

My 2005 Honda accord makes a buzzing sound when i accelerate. The tone changes as i accelerate to different rpms. The sound seems to be coming from the speaker area on the driver and passenger side doors. I just had a complete sound system installed( door speakers, cd player, amp and subs)and the sound came a little after that if i can remember.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dave replied 10 years ago.

You just have engine noise (alternator whine). It's not uncommon with amplified systems & won't hurt anything, it's just annoying. The first thing you do is take your car back to the shop that installed your stereo system & see if they will troubleshoot it & try to get rid of the noise. Most shops will be glad to attempt to fix it but you should know that sometimes engine noise is very hard to troubleshoot & can take just as long as the original installation time. Because of this, some shops do not warranty engine noise. So be nice & they'll be nice to you. Don't go in with an attitude.

If, for some reason, they will not or can not fix it there are a few things you can do such as re-grounding, running a return ground, moving signal wires, etc. which I can walk you through if you like, but be forewarned that if you mess with the install it will most likely void their installation warranty.

Hope this helps & let me know if you need further assistance.