The Expert's number of “Accepted Answers” is a good indication of how many satisfied customers he or she has helped.
judybailey52's BACHELORS Degree in Mathematics was verified on or about July 2010 by a leading third-party verification service.View the Terms of Service section on verifications
For judybailey it's questions.
Introduction to biology
Part a: Answer each of the following questions in one or two paragraphs. Each
1. Describe the process of crossing over during meiosis and explain its importance.
2. Beginning with fertilization, describe the main stages of animal development. Give a brief, simplified description of each stage.
3. Describe the process of natural selection in detail.
Part b: Answer each of the following questions in two to five sentences. Each
1. Briefly describe the three- domain system of classification.
2. Explain the function of blood.
3. what are the functions of the three specialized tissues in plants? In which of these tissues does photosynthesis occur?
4. How did gregor mendel control breeding in the pea plants he used for his experiments?
5. Briefly describe the three kinda of natural selection: directional, stabilizing, and disruptive.
6. Explain the difference between ionic and covalent bonds.
7. In your own words define cell, what are the two main tenets of cell theory?
8. What's the difference between protostomes and deuterostomes? Among living organ- isms, name at least one phylum example of each of these.
9. Briefly explain the functions of sensory neurons, interneurons, and motor neurons in the nervous system.
10. In the context of the science of ecology and the concept of niche specialization, briefly explain the competitive exclusion principle and resource portioning.