Bruce Wilner
Bruce Wilner,
Experience:  principal at Network Security Labortories Inc.
94527327

A small hospital has contacted you and asked you to create a

Customer Question

A small hospital has contacted you and asked you to create a prototype for an application that can handle all of their administrative activities. The items below are the minimum amount of functionality that will be needed.
• Admit a patient
• Create appointment
• Recall Patient
• Cancel an appointment
• Remove a doctor from system
• Discharge a patient
• View all currently admitted patients
• View all currently scheduled appointments by patient
• View all currently scheduled appointments by doctor
• View a doctor’s schedule (by last name)
• View schedules for all doctorsWhen your application starts, a user must login before any administrative functions can be done. A file that contains all valid logins will be provided. Your application should use this file to verify logins are valid.Admission:
Admitting a patient consists of gathering a patient’s personal information and:
- Reason for admission
- Attending physicianYour program must be smart enough to keep a history of patient activity and information. If an existing patient needs to be admitted again, the system should recognize that the patient has been there before. A history of admission reasons and attending physicians should be available to the user.This is a small facility and there are only 10 beds, so your application must take availability into account before a patient can be admitted.Creating an Appointment:Creating an appointment consists of scheduling an office visit for a patient where no overnight stay is necessary. A patient’s appointment time must coincide with the availability of a doctor. A file with a list of doctors and their availability will be provided. Your application should read this file for scheduling purposes. Gathering a patient’s personal information and:
-Reason for appointment
-Attending physician.
-Recalling a PatientRecalling a patient should allow a user to look up patient by last name or by patient number. If multiple patients share the same last name, your program should display each in a list and allow the user to select the correct one. Once a patient is chosen, the program should allow the user to show the patient’s entire history or edit any of the patient’s information.Cancelling an Appointment:Cancelling an appointment should remove the appointment from the system. Your program must be smart enough to adjust the physician’s schedule.Removing a Doctor:Removing a doctor from the system means that any appointments assigned to that doctor must be freed. Your system should also display a list of patients that will need to be notified of the cancelled appointment(s). You do not have to worry about patients that are admitted under a doctor that has been removed.Discharging a Patient:Discharging a patient should remove a patient’s name from the list of admitted patients.Associates:The hospital considers doctors and patients as associates. Your program should contain a class named Associate. The class should have at least the following:
-First Name
-Last NameSubclasses for doctors and patients (class names of your choosing) should inherit from Associate. In addition, patients would have a number that is exactly 5 digits long. Doctors will have a number this is 6 alphanumeric characters.Additional Notes:Your program must handle error checking and validation and respond accordingly. All user input should be case-insensitive.
Your program must also use an object-oriented design (everything cannot be contained in one or two classes or files). All header files must have an accompanying source file unless all functions of a class are one line, in which case the functions can be inlined.All output should be displayed in a left-justified, tabular format. Each menu should have the appropriate navigation options available (i.e. allows the user to go back to previous menu and/or cancel the current action).Your program should display an adequate use of pointers. This includes, but is not limited to STL containers and iterators.
Classes should be properly constructed with appropriate access levels for members and appropriate getter/setter methods.
Submitted: 30 days ago.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Greg. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there any other information you can send to see if I can assist on it this for you? If you have any documents you can upload, you can do so to mediafire.com or box.com and share the link here with us.

If I had a model and could provide that as a model (would have to check files to see if I have one), would that be sufficient or are you seeking a fully written new model document?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I attached a zip file along with the question, did you receive it?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I am looking to have a program written in C++ to the specifications in the provided document. The due date for this project is 11-29-16. I included a xCode project with the main.cpp and header files that need to be in the program (the header files can be tweaked). That is all I have for this project. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.Thank you
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 23 days ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Hello, unfortunately I has already found another service that accommodated my request. After not hearing from the previous Expert for a week, I went elsewhere. Thank you for your response. Lastly how do I go about getting a refund on the $50 I paid to talk to a tutor?