Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

I need help with a program that asks the user for 5 numbers,

Customer Question

Hello I need help with a program that asks the user for 5 numbers, saves the numbers in variables num1-num5,sorts them (with num5 containing the largest number and num1 containing the smallest number(no arrays)), and then displays the sorted numbers..I am using Visual Studios 2012/ Irvine
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 4 months ago.

Welcome

Hope you are doing well.

Zip all files; upload the zipped file to http://wikisend.com or http://ge.tt and post download link here.

What is the deadline?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Deadline is in a few days..Give me a min to upload the file..
Expert:  LogicPro replied 4 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Here is my work so far. I got the user input numbers stored in the num1-num5 variables but I cant figure out the sorting without using arrays..i am only supposed to use conditional statements..http://wikisend.com/download/442630/main.asm
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know i am supposed to use things like cmp, jmp, and jg/jl to jump around, compare, and swap the numbers but I'm new to assembly and don't really understand it that well...
Expert:  LogicPro replied 4 months ago.

let me review. Please wait

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sir
Expert:  LogicPro replied 4 months ago.

My apologies, I am out of ideas and opting out for other Professionals to answer. Please wait. You will be notified by email as soon as any Professional joins you.

I would be happy to help you with your other questions though.

Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Tech_Buddy replied 4 months ago.

I can help you in it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** it. I need help with a program that asks the user for 5 numbers, saves the numbers in variables num1-num5,sorts them (with num5 containing the largest number and num1 containing the smallest number(no arrays)), and then displays the sorted numbers..I am using Visual Studios 2012/ Irvine...I know i am supposed to use things like cmp, jmp, and jg/jl to jump around, compare, and swap the numbers but I'm new to assembly and don't really understand it that well...I think that there will be 9 or 10 compare/swap sequences..I used 8 bit registers like AL and BL but I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do so feel free to change it to 16 bit or 32 bit registers if necessary...Deadline is in a few days..If done properly I will definitely leave a tip..Thankshttp://wikisend.com/download/442630/main.asm
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry I was busy. Did you recommend me to someone else?

No, I will work on it. I got your question. By when do you need this ?

I got it. I should be able to complete it in 24hrs from now.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I need it within 3 days...I appreciate your help...I know it's a basic program but I am very new to assembly..lol..Thanks again..

Not a problem. Sure, Will complete it before that. Yes, I can understand, Assembly is not easy to understand,It requires time.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello, how is it going?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is anyone going to help me?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Bhavik?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If you aren't going to respond to me then can you please let another programmer help me?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't want the live phone call(I accidently pressed the button)
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need help with a program that asks the user for 5 numbers, saves the numbers in variables num1-num5,sorts them (with num5 containing the largest number and num1 containing the smallest number(no arrays)), and then displays the sorted numbers..I am using Visual Studios 2012/ Irvine...I know i am supposed to use things like cmp, jmp, and jg/jl to jump around, compare, and swap the numbers but I'm new to assembly and don't really understand it that well...I think that there will be 9 or 10 compare/swap sequences..I used 8 bit registers like AL and BL but I'm not sure if that is the right thing to do so feel free to change it to 16 bit or 32 bit registers if necessary...If done properly I will definitely leave a tip..Thankshttp://wikisend.com/download/442630/main.asm
Expert:  Ingo U replied 3 months ago.

Hi, could you upload the original text describing the assignment you received?

And, perhaps, for reference, any previous assignment or lab or code handout you may have been given?

I'd like to get an idea of the level of programming concepts that you've covered or not in your class.

Often times, assignments are designed to use material that was recently introduced...

For example, have you seen basic loop structures?

Or, have been shown how to write and call subroutines of your own?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
sir. Let me upload my old assignment and code handout. I appreciate your help Ingo. I wish I would've just asked for you from the start.lol I haven't used this site since you helped me out with the brick breaker game. I will give you the links to the files in a few minutes.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
These are my exact directions. You are to write a program which should first ask for 5 random numbers from 0-20 (user will input these numbers in no preset order). Input these 5 numbers in variables called num1, num2, num3, num4, and num5.When done, your program should sort these numbers (you will use lots of conditions to check order).num1 should contain smallest number while num5 should contain the biggest.display the contents of num1 through num5 on the screen.The file I attached was my last assignment. I will give you the link to the code handout in a few minutes.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My mistake, I didn't attach any file but here is the link to the file tried to attach but had to upload instead..http://wikisend.com/download/102984/main.asm
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is the link to the code handout:http://wikisend.com/download/302090/main.asm
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello sir..Just curious, did you refer me to someone else or are you going to work on?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ingo?