Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

Need assistance with a set of small SQL projects.

Customer Question

Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 20 days ago.

Hope you are doing well.

Zip all files; upload the zipped file to or and post download link here.

What is the deadline?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
those sites are not working from some reason. Is this fine?
Expert:  LogicPro replied 20 days ago.

My apologies, I am out of ideas and opting out for other Professionals to answer. Please wait. You will be notified by email as soon as any Professional joins you.

I would be happy to help you with your other questions though.

Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Did the download link I sent not work?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
LogicPro, is the only problem the upload why you cannot help me? Is there another site I can try ?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Please send me back to LogicPro for analysis.
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 20 days ago.

You can try me.

Not only did I architect Trusted RUBIX, the world's first multi-level secure RDBMS that executes atop a military-grade secure UNIX, but I wrote the SQL interpreter and ESQL precompiler for C.

I also wrote the proposed multi-level security extensions to ANSI Level II SQL.

Perhaps my skills would suffice?

That having been said, kindly upload the problems to the Messages stream. I am averse to deal with links to files that reside Lord-knows-where, subject to change at a moment's notice or, for that matter, withholding of notice.

The only way we can agree strictly upon the scope of a Request is to have it completely memorialized within the Messages stream.

Thank you for your patient cooperation.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
How would I do that Bruce? May I share from my personal dropbox link? I prefer to not have documents linked to the request that I cannot remove.

I must be misunderstanding your question. The same way you entered text into the Messages stream that directed the Expert to consult this file or that, just take the TEXT of that file (opened, for example, in Wordpad or Microsoft Word) and SelectAll (CTRL-A), Copy (CTRL-C), and Paste (CTRL-V) into this here box at the bottom of the screen, the one that has a li'l green button and a li'l orange button to its left and a li'l green button to its lower right.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Here you go.
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 19 days ago.

I must have miscommunicated. Please do not post ZIP archives. Please post the ACTUAL TEXT OF THE QUESTIONS within the Messages stream. This is not a very tall order. Things have to be memorialized so that moderators can review them. They can't be chasing links all over the place.

I reviewed the spec nevertheless--including the "blocked content" (not sure what's going on there: I presume my AV is concerned about some embedded macros)--and I see that you want an ER diagram constructed for a set of relations where NO information is provided about the schemata. It refers to "Figure 2.8 in text X," but I don't have that text or, consequently, that diagram. Also, kindly define what a TRUNCATE operation is within this context. That is not a standard relational operation or a standard "thing that one does when working with databases," and--while I can use the word "truncate" in a sentence--I have no idea what semantics are implicit, or explicit, with respect to THIS problem set.

Truncating my Message--at this point :-)

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Basically it is turning a database that has been created, then altering it so it is considered a temporal database. Then adding 3 dimension tables, 1 fact table. and so on, for the first small project.