Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Need help with test, I need an 100 on this test, no

Customer Question

need help with test
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Tell me more about what you need help with so we can help you best.
Customer: I need an 100 on this test
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Homework
Expert:  GLENN replied 2 months ago.

Hi

Can you post the complete set of questions? About what topics is the test? Please reply.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Question 1 of 20
5.0 Points
Affirmative action is required for certain employers by:A. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.B. The Civil Rights Act of 1991.C. Executive Order 11246.D. Proposition 209.Reset SelectionQuestion 2 of 20
5.0 Points
Affirmative action requirements apply to:A. all employers.B. federal government contractors.C. all employers employing 15 or more employees.D. employers engaged in interstate commerce.Reset SelectionQuestion 3 of 20
5.0 Points
Affirmative action:A. utilizes quotas more than goals.B. requires employers to hire persons who are not qualified for the job.C. always results in reverse discrimination.D. is properly used only where there is a demonstrated underrepresentation of women or minorities or finding of discrimination.Reset SelectionQuestion 4 of 20
5.0 Points
To meet affirmative actions goals, employers can bolster their pool of candidates for jobs by all of the following methods except:A. hiring unqualified candidates, if qualified candidates can not be found.B. advertising targeted to media that have female and minority audiences.C. recruiting at colleges that have significant female or minority populations.D. recruiting through employment agencies who service minority job-seekers.Reset SelectionQuestion 5 of 20
5.0 Points
Quotas should not be used unless:A. they are short-term in nature.B. the employer is a federal contractor.C. ordered by a court to remedy a longstanding violation of the law.D. they are communicated to all applicants as a part of the initial contact with the employer.Reset SelectionQuestion 6 of 20
5.0 Points
The Supreme Court has found that voluntary affirmative action plans are:A. acceptable only for private employers.B. not acceptable because there has been no judicial finding of discrimination.C. not acceptable unless there is a union involved representing the interests of the employees.D. acceptable for private and public employers.Reset SelectionQuestion 7 of 20
5.0 Points
A valid affirmative action plan does not:A. set aside positions for women or minorities.B. give qualified women and minorities extra consideration such that they need not be the best qualified.C. create any possibility of reverse discrimination claims.D. set numerical goals.Reset SelectionQuestion 8 of 20
5.0 Points
A city adopts an affirmative action plan for firefighters based on significant underrepresentation of women. The cutoff score on the exam is 70. There are two qualified applicants for an opening. One is a male who scored 75 and the other is a female who scored 73. Pursuant to the plan, the female is selected. The male applicant sues for reverse discrimination. He will likely:A. be successful because he is the most qualified.B. not be successful because both candidates are qualified and there is an imbalance in the workforce.C. be successful because Title VII prohibits the consideration of gender in making employment decisions.D. not be successful because the plan does not set aside positions for women.Reset SelectionQuestion 9 of 20
5.0 Points
In 1996, a state referendum amending the state constitution to prohibit affirmative action or other preferential treatment on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in public employment, public education, and public contracting was passed by voters in:A. Georgia.B. Arizona.C. Alabama.D. California.Reset SelectionQuestion 10 of 20
5.0 Points
Courts in recent years have:A. generally approved affirmative action plans.B. generally not given much credence to affirmative action plans.C. subjected affirmative action plans to more intensive scrutiny.D. significantly relaxed the requirements for a valid affirmative action plans.Reset SelectionQuestion 11 of 20
5.0 Points
Two cashiers are found to have stolen money from the employer. The African-American employee is disciplined and continues working. The white employee is terminated. The white employee sues under Title VII for race discrimination. The white employee:A. loses because Title VII only protects those of minority races.B. wins because Title VII applies to all races.C. loses because the employer raises a defense that it had an affirmative action plan and did not want to lose minority employees.D. wins under Executive Order 11246.Reset SelectionQuestion 12 of 20
5.0 Points
A statement that “blacks can't be trusted to handle money” is a type of:A. circumstantial evidence.B. hearsay evidence.C. direct evidence or “smoking gun” evidence.D. comparative evidence.Reset SelectionQuestion 13 of 20
5.0 Points
A case which involves both a determination of whether the plaintiff has proved that an illegal reason motivated the adverse action and a determination whether the same action would have been taken by the employer for a legal reason is a __________ case.A. dual issue
Expert:  GLENN replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry I am a math expert (I thought, your test is about math). Do not worry, I will just opt out so that appropriate experts can help you immediately on this.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok