Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

Is it possible to have this completed by Friday at 5 pm? 1.

Customer Question

Is it possible to have this completed by Friday at 5 pm?1. How many bits are required to address a 8G X 64 main memory ifa) Main memory is byte addressable? ______b) Main memory is word addressable? ______2. Suppose that a 4M X 32 main memory is built using 1M X 8 RAM chips and memory is word addressable.a) How many RAM chips are necessary? ______b) How many RAM chips are needed for each memory word? _______c) How many address bits are needed for each RAM chip? _______d) How many address bits are needed for all memory? _______3. A digital computer has a memory unit with 26 bits per word. The instruction set consists of 50 different operations. All instructions have an operation code part (opcode), and an address part (allowing for only one address). Each instruction is stored in one word of memory.a) How many bits are needed for the opcode?b) How many bits are left for the address part of the instruction?c) What is the maximum allowable size for memory?4. Write the following MARIE assembly language equivalent of the following machine language instructions where:
0010 0000 0000 0111 is Store 007a) 0001 0010 0011 0100b) 1000 1000 0000 0000c) 0011 1010 1011 1100d) 0111 0000 0000 0000
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Homework
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is***** that's no problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you Steve
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am checking on the status of the problems I gave to you on Monday?