F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Experience with chartered accountancy
20040807

You answered one of my questions about citric

Customer Question

Hi - you answered one of my questions about citric acid/mitochondria several months ago. I'm still looking for a citation that can clear up how the excess citric acid is introduced to the plant. I'm looking specifically for;
1. Can an excess of citric acid be introduced to mitochondria by root application?
2. Can an excess of citric acid be introduced to mitochondria through damaged plant tissue?Thanks
Category: Homework
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 9 months ago.

DearCustomer

I was not the original person to help you with your question, however I can help you. Just a moment.

Kindest regards,

Donna Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, ABD

DearCustomer

Here are the citations that you are looking for:

1. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3591643/
  2. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3575772/

I am now ready to be rated. Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Donna,Thanks for looking these up but neither had the information I need. The first citation dealt with nickle in root mitochondria and the second was human mitochondria. I'm looking specifically for citations of studies that deal with plant mitochondria being stressed with excess citric acid. I need to know if tissue damage or root uptake are means for subjecting the plant mitochondria to an excess of citric acid.

DearCustomer

Sorry about that. Here is another resource that may help:

https://books.google.ca/books?id=6S_wCAAAQBAJ&pg=PA189&lpg=PA189&dq=plant+mitochondria+being+stressed+with+excess+citric+acid&source=bl&ots=WcE8fbf4Dh&sig=Dlpn63KwOv5CafwJEWNXqdze3Kc&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjMjNzKrOXOAhUEmh4KHWg9APQQ6AEIGzAA#v=onepage&q=plant%20mitochondria%20being%20stressed%20with%20excess%20citric%20acid&f=false

Kindest regards ***** ***** this works, I am ready to be rated. If not, I will keep searching for you,

Donna

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Donna - this does not deal at all with the introduction of citric acid to plant mitochondria. Do you understand my question?

DearCustomer

I do understand your question, however it is difficult to find reference material regarding it. Could you please send me the information that was originally given to you and I could put it through Turnitin and find the source material for you?

Thank you,

Donna

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The Krebs Cycle, or Citric Acid Cycle, is used by plants to convert various citric acids into phosphates, which serve as a source of energy for the cell. The cycle relies on a delicate supply of citric acid, which it converts to citrate. Too much citric acid in the water of a plant may interrupt this cycle or lead to excess phosphates

DearCustomer

Let me see if I can get the reference material for you on this right away.

Kindest regards,

Donna

P.S. Sorry about the delay.

DearCustomer

Here are some sources for you:

http://lesson.website/the-effects-of-citric-acid-on-plants/

http://www.ehow.com/info_10053444_effects-citric-acid-plants.html

Now I am ready to be rated.

Thank you. I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Donna - you gave me the site that was the source for the quote I sent you - that does not come close to answering my question.Tell you what, one more try and if you're still off base I'll ask someone else - OK?

DearCustomer

Perhaps I do not understand your question. Didn't you want the source material?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No - you asked me for "the information that was originally given to you" and all you did was give me the source of the information that I already had. If my question could have been answered by the quote I gave you, I wouldn't have needed to ask.My question is:
2. Can an excess of citric acid be introduced to mitochondria through damaged plant tissue?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Donna - if I don't hear from you within the next couple of hours, I'll search for another person - OK?

DearCustomer

I have already opted out of this question. Someone else will help you. I may not even be able to respond to you now.

I was able to respond. Someone else will help you. I tried to help you and was not giving you the answers that you needed.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Do you still need the answer?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I do
Expert:  F. Naz replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Please let me know what exactly you need?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My question is:
2. Can an excess of citric acid be introduced to mitochondria through damaged plant tissue?I'm not sure if this question falls into our area of expertise.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 9 months ago.

I can research for you on this an provide you information, please let me know if this works for you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sure - let me know what you can come up with
Expert:  F. Naz replied 9 months ago.

Sorry, I tried but not getting any such information, thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  F. Naz replied 9 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I am Josie, a moderator for this topic.
Your question is open to all Experts, there is no need to repost or relist.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks - would it help if I increased the payment?