Judy Bailey
Judy Bailey,
Experience:  Teacher at Sonoma County Schools
46206387

I wanted to interview someone in person, but I had trouble

Customer Question

I wanted to interview someone in person, but I had trouble getting an appointment.
Please if you have time, can you answer the questions below? This is for my class, and I am trying to learn as much as I can (your insights and experience)
What are the most common or uncommon disorders you encounter?
What is your clinical focus?
Do you have any specialty other than your graduate degree?
What kind of methods/techniques do you use?
Have you tried methods that did not work in the past?
How did you rectify it? What do you know now that you were not made aware of? What aspect do you enjoy or least enjoy? What do you say is the biggest misconception and that the general public should know about?
Again, thank you. I hope to hear from you soon.
Regards,
Jasmine
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lastly, what are some of the ethical/professional issues that you encounter? And do you think should be done to minimize the stigma/impact?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You may email me as well, if you are unable to make a call. I just hope that I hear from a qualified mental health professional. Thank you ...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I heard that psychologists/psychiatrists/ do have to work on their personal issues as well, if so, how do they justify it when dealing with clients with similar issues?
Expert:  Donna Kakonge replied 4 months ago.

Dear Jasmine,

Here are the answers to your questions:

The most common disorders I encounter tend to be schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.

My clinical focus is on treating these disorders through psychotherapy - a mixture of therapy and medication.

My speciality other than my graduate degree is law.

I focus on positive reinforcement and mentoring.

No, my methods have worked.

The biggest misconception that the public should know is that those people with a mental challenges are very smart and many of them are law-abiding.

I participate in volunteer activities to minimize the stigma of mental illness and also fundraise for research.

I see my own psychiatrist once a year.

Kindest regards,

Donna Kakonge, BJ, MA, TESOL, LLB, ABD

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Donna, I appreciate the reply, but can you emphasize/ elaborate further? For instance, you mentioned that schizophrenia and bipolar are rather common, why is that

Dear Jasmine,

These are common disorders where people tend to receive treatment for. They manifest in ways where people tend to require hospitalization. Unlike personality disorders where more often than not people do not tend to receive treatment. Plus schizophrenia and bipolar disorders are my area of specializations.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Donna,
Can you give me an example of a positive reinforcement and mentoring?

Dear Jasmine,

I do have many, many examples, however due to confidentiality I cannot discuss them in detail. I can tell you one example where one client of mine who has bipolar disorder went from being a scared but brave and brilliant master's student in Education to a married, second child on the way and a soon-to-be PhD Candidate at a prestigious university. I hope that helps. If you like more Q & A, I would need to propose additional credit. I hope this helps. I am now ready to rated.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Dear Jasmine,

I am waiting for you to accept this response so I can receive credit for the question.

Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Donna

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My apologies, but I wanted to hear deeper insights from a mental health professional, not just a few words. I paid $35, which I believe calls for a thorough and more in-depth response. I want someone to think things through rather than throw a few words. Plus, this is not a free consultation. $35 should be more thorough and details. That's how I view. Otherwise, I could have just asked and seek the answers online myself. I hope you understand.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 months ago.

Hello

I can research a interview in which the conversation will be provided like some one has interviewed some professional and it is now available to see, I can do that for you, please let me know if you want my help, thanks.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 4 months ago.

Hello

Did you got my message?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello F. Naz, I am looking for someone in the medical field, preferably a psychiatrist/psychologist, not an account. Sorry...
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What are the most common or uncommon disorders youencounter?
What is your clinical focus?
How did you rectify it? What do you know now that you were not made aware of? What aspect do you enjoy or least enjoy? What do you say is the biggest misconception and that the general public should know about?Again, thank you. I hope to hear from you soon.Regards,
Jasmine
08 August 2016 08:3905 August 2016 12:47
Expert:  Judy Bailey replied 4 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.