Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

Pearl. I was hoping you could answer some of my homework

Customer Question

Hi, Pearl. I was hoping you could answer some of my homework questions
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: This is my first time using this site
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was hoping that I could just get the answers
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of at this moment
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2. A transformer found in a city neighborhood is coated with a heavy black substance to preventA. arc.B. corrosion.C. corona.D. tampering.3. Most of the solid dielectric cables fall within what class of insulation?A. Thermoplastic or thermosetB. RubberC. Asbestos or fiberD. Oil-insulated4. To regulate the level of primary voltage for the purpose of maintaining a constant secondary voltage level, you should install aA. recloser.B. sectionalizer.C. load break.D. capacitor.5. The ring on a load-break elbow is provided for_______ the elbow connector from the bushing.A. insulatingB. protectingC. identifyingD. removing6. Primary distribution cable shields are grounded to provide a _______ high-voltage leakage.A. high-voltage circuit for switchingB. low impedance path to ground forC. limitation of secondary current loss caused byD. low profile capacitor charging curve to prevent7. Which of the following underground transmission cabling systems requires pumps and pumping stations?A. XLPEB. HPOFC. SCOFD. PE8. Suburbs are now designed with the _______ included in the initial plans submitted to the local utility company so that sufficient circuitry can be made to keep pace with the rate of growth.A. growth potentialB. down paymentC. voltage levelD. customer number9. When testing to determine if voltage is present on a load-break connector, a(n) _______ test lamp is placed against the plate of the connector.A. neonB. fluorescentC. incandescentD. high-voltage10. A trench is dug to hold three cables that will be laid individually. The trench is dug deeper and wider to allow for _______ during the laying of the first and second cables.A. soil falling into the trenchB. cable shrinkageC. air circulationD. ample working room11. When comparing underground and overhead transmission lines, you would expect the underground lines to have a shorterA. grounding shield.B. center conductor.C. ampacity level.D. service life.12. The _______contains each phase conductor in a separate, fluid-filled cable.A. HPOFB. XLPEC. SCOFD. FFCP13. A _______ terminal pole ends the overhead primary service by transitioning it to the URD.A. tangentB. transitionC. switch-overD. dead-end14. A disadvantage of burying primary distribution cable directly in the ground isA. it's more labor intensive than installing in conduit.B. it's more expensive than installing in conduit.C. the difficulty in replacing or repairing cable.D. that it requires bigger cable than cable installed in conduit.15. Slack is left in direct burial secondary cable near the bottom of the riser conduit connecting to the meter socket to prevent the cable ends from _______ the meter socket terminals.A. pulling fromB. shorting atC. extending fromD. sparking at16. It's common for a vault or manhole to have _______ entering and leaving the enclosure from several directions.A. electriciansB. cablesC. HPOFD. service vehicles17. The expense of installing one mile of 115 kV transmission line underground is approximately _______ than the cost of conventional overhead construction.A. ten to twenty times moreB. three to ten moreC. eight to twelve times lessD. thirty to forty times less18. A _______ system is not as complex as the system used to supply urban and metropolitan areas.A. gridB. commercialC. networkD. URD19. To protect the transformer cases from corrosion, the _______ must be replaced regularly.A. load-break elbowsB. bushing assembliesC. sacrificial anodesD. ground grid20. Large commercial and industrial customers typically are served by _______ transformers physically located on the premises.A. pole-mountedB. vaultedC. pad-mountedD. single-phase
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is Greg. What is the deadline for a resource on these questions?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
three days

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay! thanks for your help Mr.White