Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

CS 340 Validating a PIN code Pgm Banks use a Personal

Customer Question

CS 340Validating a PIN code PgmBanks use a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to uniquely identify each customer. Let us assume that our bank has a specified range of acceptable values for each digit in its customers' 5-digit PINs. ( for example: PIN 33333 will be invalid) You are to write a program to read in a PIN code and determine if the PIN code is valid or not valid by returning in eax a 0 if valid or 'digits position number ( 1-5)' if invalid. If 'not valid' also print out the digit's position that is invalid. Preserve all other registers values. Your are to pass all arguments to the procedure via the stack.Use the following 'range' table for PIN validation:
digit position Range
1 4 to 8
2 2 to 5
3 5 to 9
4 1 to 4
5 3 to 6Input file is PIN.txt that consists of PIN numbers to check, one per line.
I do NOT want to see a procedure for each digit checked. Use a single procedure to check a digit. Pass the arguments to the procedure using the Stack, user stack (esp).52636
75846
13546
84647
63633
65946
64735
44544
55555
92813
55525
74714
58524
77777
54645
66666
44543
pintext.txt
Category: Homework
Expert:  LogicPro replied 4 months ago.

Hi

Welcome

Is it in Java or c++ or any other language?

What is the deadline?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
assembly....... has to be with MASM and irvine library
Expert:  LogicPro replied 4 months ago.

My apologies, I am out of ideas and opting out for other Professionals to answer. Please wait. You will be notified by email as soon as any Professional joins you.

I would be happy to help you with your other questions though.

Thank you for your patience.