Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

American sotry Pennfoster exams number 007428 there

Customer Question

American Hisotry Pennfoster exams number 007428 there is more questions I have regarding the same topic. please tell me if you can help me with all of them so I can post the numbers or questions if necessarily.

Category: Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 11 months ago.

Are these your real exam questions or practice questions?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

These are practice questions

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Here they are:

1. What was the Virginia House of Burgesses?
A. The first representative body in colonial America, which allowed male landowners a say in colonial government

B. The most prosperous trading house in the new settlement of Jamestown
C. A governmental house set up by the king to directly rule the colony of Virginia
D. An inn that catered to sailors who would soon be returning to England

2. Which European country originally settled the colony that would later become known as New York?

A. The Netherlands
B. Norway
C. France

D. Spain

3. How did William Penn's treatment of Native Americans differ from the Puritans' treatment? A. Penn offered to make native people full citizens with voting rights.
B. Penn enslaved local native people.
C. Penn ignored the native people unless they interfered with colonial goals.

D. Penn treated native people with respect and paid a fair price for their land.

4. Which of the following was an advantage held by the Patriots during the Revolutionary War?

A. Well trained and supplied troops
B. Skilled military leader
C. Large manufacturing capacity

D. A larger population

5. Which of the following documents granted rights to nobles in England, limiting the king's ability to tax them?

A. The Magna Carta
B. The Declaration of Sentiments
C. The Constitution
D. The Declaration of Independence

page1image17880 page1image18040 page1image18200 page1image18360

6. What role did geography play in the growth of three distinct cultural regions in the English colonies?

A. The three regions were separated by large, fast-moving rivers leading to separate cultures.
B. The New England and Southern colonies were heavily influenced by their French and Spanish neighbors leading to cultural

differences.
C. Large mountains separated the three regions leading to little contact between them.

D. Geography and climate determined what kinds of crops could be grown, leading to differing structures for economies and settlements.

7. In what way did British leaders misunderstand the Revolutionary War?
A. They thought they had to win only the good will of the people while they ignored military strategy.
B. They avoided hiring foreign solders to help with the war, worried that such soldiers would hurt the reputation of the British. C. They respected Patriot military power and were careful as a result.
D. They thought they had to win only on the battlefield when it was a war to win the hearts and minds of the colonists.

8. What was the name of the series of laws put in place to encourage the 13 English colonies to trade with England?

A. Habeas Corpus
B. The Navigation Acts
C. The Trade Acts
D. The English Colony Laws

9. The movement known as the Enlightenment focused on the idea that A. people needed to make a return to the natural world.
B. faith in God could solve problems.
C. problems could be solved using human reason.

D. some problems could never be solved.

10. Which of the following describes the government in Spanish colonies?

A. Spanish colonies that were too small to need a government
B. Adoption of local Native American customs
C. Large regions run by a viceroy appointed by the king

D. An elected group of leaders who would make laws

11. Which of the following best describes Spain's treatment of the Native Americans?

A. Native Americans were encouraged to migrate to Spain to help boost the economy in Europe.
B. Native Americans were treated poorly and forced to work for Spanish business operations.
C. Native Americans were paid very little to work on farms and mines.

D. Native Americans were allowed to keep their own customs as long as they worked for Spanish colonists.

12. Why did the Puritans leave England for America?
A. The Puritans sought the freedom to practice their religion as they wanted.
B. The Puritans hoped to make money by selling tobacco.
C. The Puritans were driven from their homes in England by starvation and disease.

D. The Puritans were looking for a passage to China.

13. Which of the following best describes the changes brought to world populations as a result of the European colonization of the Americas?

A. The African population nearly doubled, the Native American population dropped greatly, and millions of Europeans were sent to the Americas as slaves.

B. The African population nearly doubled, the European population dropped greatly, and millions of Native Americans were sent to Europe as slaves.

C. The European population nearly doubled, the Native American population dropped greatly, and millions of Africans were sent to the Americas as slaves.

D. The Native American population nearly doubled, the African population dropped greatly, and millions of Europeans were sent to Africa.

14. Which of the following was one of drivers of European exploration in the 1400s and 1500s?

A. Europeans sought new trade routes to eastern Asia.
B. Europeans were driven out of Europe by aggressive Muslim empires.
C. Europeans were in a race against African countries to colonize the world.

15. The French helped the Patriot war effort by

A. providing a navy and military support.
B. going to war against hostile Native American groups.

C. keeping Spain out of the war.

D. attacking the main island of Britain to distract British forces.

16. The document that established the separation of the colonies and Britain, highlighted natural rights all men held, and listed grievances against the king was the

A. Declaration of Independence.

B. Bill of Rights.
C. Constitution.
D. Magna Carta.

17. Which of the following statements best describes French settlers' treatment of Native Americans?

A. French settlers had a policy of killing most Native Americans in order to claim new lands.
B. French settlers ignored the local native population unless they interfered with the fur trade.
C. French settlers enslaved Native Americans and forced them to work in mines and on farms.

D. French settlers were on friendly terms with Native Americans and they relied on them to provide furs.

18. Why did Spanish settlers turn to African slaves to provide the labor for their American colonies?

A. The Spanish settlers were unwilling to work.
B. The price of African slaves dropped dramatically in the early 1500s.
C. The Native American population had been greatly reduced through war and disease.

D. African slaves proved to be better workers than Native Americans.

19. What was the message of Thomas Paine's Common Sense?

A. The colonies would be better served if they joined the French Empire.

B. The colonies would be better served if they joined the Spanish Empire.
C. The colonies would be stronger if they stayed united with Britain.
D. The colonies should break from Britain and form a new government elected by the common people.

20. Why did Spanish leaders want to push Spanish control into North America in the mid-1500s?

A. North America had a large amount of gold and silver.
B. Spain wanted to keep European rivals far away from valuable towns and mines in Mexico.
C. The Spanish were driven from their colonies by a Native American uprising.

D. Spain decided to engage in the fur trade on a large scale.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 11 months ago.

So you will not receive any marks on these? and will not pass any exams from these? and you are paying to have answers for practice questions?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

That is right. these are questions to help me with my exams which has totally different questions and answers than these

Expert:  F. Naz replied 11 months ago.

As these question do not contains any answers which is based on logic or some kind of formula, so I am not getting that how these practice question will help you in giving your exams?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

these are all clear questions based on american history as mentioned above. there is no year 11 american history exam that would give questions with logical answers. all the answers are based on real events happened in the American History. My upcoming exam is going to be based on these questions which the teacher gave us to complete as a practise to be ready for the actual exam. I've seen all kinds of such questions answered on this website and hence why I chose to put up my own.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 11 months ago.

Okay, So what is your deadline and let me know the time on which you need this answer for your exam, thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

my exam is actually in 2 days so tomorrow afternoon or night would be much appreciated

Expert:  F. Naz replied 11 months ago.

Sorry, I cannot provide the answer, thanks.