Russell H., Electronics and systems professinal
Experience:  Educated in electronics and experienced in multiple technologies, I fix things, and also explain them.
13568747

University of Phoenix Material Systems Administration

Customer Question

University of Phoenix MaterialSystems Administration Scripting LogTo:
From:
Date:As you complete each of the following steps, keep track of what occurs at each point; including what you type, the output given, and any errors experienced. Submit this information in a log to your instructor for this week’s assignment. Your log can use the sample format provided, or you can create your own.1. In the same folder as last week, create a new file titled week4prog1[name].scr.
2. Change the permissions on this new file to add the execute bit for user, group, and owner.
3. Run the following script:a. #!/bin/bash
b. count=1
c. echo "start of the program"
d. while [ $count -le 10 ]
e. do1) echo "Loop #$count"
2) sleep 10
3) count=$[ count + 1 ]f. done
g. echo "end of the program4. Modify the program to add a trap for SIGINT and SIGTERM.
5. Save the script and then run the script in the background.
6. Use the jobs command to display a list of the jobs currently running.
7. Find the process id of the script and kill the job.
8. Check to see if you get the trap message.
9. Run the script again using the at command to schedule the job in the future. Wait for the job to run to make sure it executes.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best, ***** ***** to provide the right answer to your question.

Would you like as much of this work as I can do, considering I have no Linux system to run commands on at the moment?

And how soon do you require this work?

Let me know, please. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
By Thursday I understand that do not have a Unix machine. I just wanted help with the commands. If it can be done early in order if I have any questions I can contact you.

I will have it, or first revision, of what help I can give, by this evening (Eastern USA Time Zone.)

Thanks for responding. Have a good day meanwhile.

I'm sorry - I have not completed the first revision yet. Other priorities took up the time.

I will be doing it tomorrow in the a.m. hours, Eastern Daylight Time.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.