Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

The breaking strengths of cables produced by a certain

Customer Question

The breaking strengths of cables produced by a certain manufacturer have a mean, , of pounds, and a standard deviation of pounds. It is claimed that an improvement in the manufacturing process has increased the mean breaking strength. To evaluate this claim, newly manufactured cables are randomly chosen and tested, and their mean breaking strength is found to be pounds. Assume that the population is normally distributed. Can we support, at the level of significance, the claim that the mean breaking strength has increased? (Assume that the standard deviation has not changed.)
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else the Tutor should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Homework
Expert:  GLENN replied 5 months ago.

Thak you for using this site. Can you post the complete questions? How many questions are there all in all? Please reply.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need t p value.
The value of the test statistics
Is the claim supported?
Expert:  GLENN replied 5 months ago.

Do you have some data included for this problem?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1825 pounds 12 randomly chosen and the 1849 is the breaking strength with a .01 level of significants
Expert:  GLENN replied 5 months ago.

how about the standard deviation?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
85 pds
Expert:  GLENN replied 5 months ago.

Do you still have other stat questions aside from this?