Gerald-Esquire
Gerald-Esquire,
77476456

Which of the following best describes when a search can be

Customer Question

Which of the following best describes when a search can be conducted by law enforcement personnel without a warrant and without probable cause or suspicion?
A
Applying strategic policing policies.
B
When conducted as an inspection or regulatory search.
C
When using an anticipatory warrant.
D
When there is good faith reason for the search.
A Applying strategic policing policies.
B When conducted as an inspection or regulatory search.
C When using an anticipatory warrant.
D When there is good faith reason for the search.
If the police approach a house that they think may be involved in illegal drug activity because it has a Grateful Dead poster on a wall that is observable from the street, a police search of the house without a search warrant will most likely be justified under which of the following theories?
A Exigent Circumstances exception.
B Plain View exception.
C Good Faith exception.
D Voluntary consent of the resident homeowner.
If the police arrest a suspect on suspicion of murder, and the arrest is done without a warrant but in a public park, what is the best argument the police have to be conduct a warrantless search of the backpack the suspect was carrying?
A Search Incident to Arrest exception.
B Administrative Search exception.
C Public Safety exception.
D Good Faith exception.
A police officer stopped a vehicle for speeding and removed the driver from the vehicle and placed him in the back of the police car while the officer checked his license and registration. While doing so, the officer discovered that the driver had an outstanding arrest warrant for unpaid parking fines and placed the driver under arrest. The officer then returned to the vehicle to search the entire vehicle, including the trunk and glove compartment, and discover an illegal firearm.
Which of the following arguments would best support a motion to suppress the firearm found in the vehicle search?
A The officer used racial profiling to select the vehicles he stopped and searched.
B The driver was subjected to an illegal arrest.
C The driver was secured and not within reaching distance of the vehicle.
D The good faith exception to the search warrant requirement.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Gerald-Esquire replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The only time authorities can conduct a lawful search without probable cause or a warrant is when the purpose of the search is to pursue a lawful regulatory inspection of a regulated business.

B: When conducted as an inspection or regulatory search.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

there are 4 other questions that accompany this one can you help me?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

are you still reviewing?

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 6 months ago.

I am Josie, a moderator for this topic.

The Expert above is unable to continue to assist with this question. Your question is open to all Experts.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

how sad....................how very sad...................I need some help and it states that help is available and still waiting.