swmcdonnell
swmcdonnell, Tutor
Experience:  Steve is a part-time tutor and has taught adult math and computer science classes.
47680681

You had a question 1 year ago related to this ; he first

Customer Question

you had a question 1 year ago related to this ; he first script that needs to be written is automating the shutdown procedure. Write a script that will perform the following tasks: Prompt the system administrator for all valid input parameters.
Ask if a wall needs to be sent, and if yes, send the message.
Ask if this is a shutdown or reboot, and process appropriately.
JA: The Tutor can help you get an A on your homework or ace your next test. Is there anything else important you think the Tutor should know?
Customer: I would like to try that script in my Ubuntu system.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Tutor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Homework
Expert:  swmcdonnell replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** you still need help with this? A couple of questions:

1) Is this bash or what scripting language?

2) "Ask if a wall needs to be sent" -- you mean a warning message of some kind? What's a wall?

3) I would think that "all valid inputs" would include the amount of time to wait before shutting the system down or rebooting, so that would be an additional input

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

1. Yes

2. yes it is a write all message that a shutdown is about to happen

3. correct at least 30 minutes.

Ok, attached is an offer. If you approve it, I can get the script to you by the end of the day today (5/24). If you don't accept it, I can opt out and see if another expert can help you.

Hi there. They raised the dollar value of this question for me, so if you still want it, I can give you the script today. When I provide it to you and it looks OK, you'll need to accept my answer and rate me at least 3 stars. Does that sound like a good plan?

Here's the script. Once you're happy with it, please accept my answer and rate me accordingly. Thanks! Have a great night!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

you have charged $55.00 to my account it was not authorized by me bad practice replenish my account ASAP! Your script was to be on a word document.

I don't have anything to do with the billing, sorry. I'll refer this to customer service. You haven't accepted the answer yet, so I don't know why you got charged. Here's the script in a Word document.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.