Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Which one of the following is not a method of universal

Customer Question

Which one of the following is not a method of universal motor speed control?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 6 months ago.
I use motor controllers a bit, what are the options?
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** would beVarying the voltage using semiconductor devices
Expert:  DR. Hamman replied 6 months ago.
Did you ever get an answer? I have worked with speed controls a lot. The most common DC motor speed control is a PWM, pulse width modulation unit. It outputs DC in pulses, as it sounds varying the width of the pulse to vary the speed. With AC motors varying the frequency controls the speed, a VFD variable frequency drive. It only works on certain types of AC motors. AC motors take a lot more specific control methods. Speed control on DC motors is a lot more straight forward than AC motors.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, To confirm that the multiple choices match your own, here is the complete question (with the answer in bold type) as I have it:Which one of the following is NOT a method of universal motor speed control?A. Tapped field windings with a switch selector.B. Varying the voltage using semiconductor devices.C. Dynamic braking of the motor's shaft.D. Using an adjustable centrifugal switch in parallel with a resistor. Hope this helps!
Expert:  akch2002 replied 6 months ago.
D. Using an adjustable centrifugal switch in parallel with a resistor. is correct alternative.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 6 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.