Zabo04, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  I have tutored and spend a significant amount of my time developing training plans for highly technical topics.

You will write a program to read in a file and found out how

Customer Question

You will write a program to read in a file and found out how many groupings (blobs) of characters there are in the file. The image below is a sample input file. Note that it contains 6 groupings of characters or blobs.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Programmer I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Programmer should know?
Customer: A character is part of a grouping or blob if it touches another character in the grouping on 1 of 8
positions around it. (immediately above, left, right, below and on each corner) Notice that one of the
groupings or blobs is located inside of another.
You will open a file called blob.txt which will be provided to you. The file will contain exactly 20 records
each of which is exactly 70 characters long. Your program can make the assumption that both the file
name and size of the file (rows and columns) are exact. The characters will either be a space (blank ) or
have an upper case X.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Programmer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 6 months ago.
What language do you need this done in? Please attach blob.txt. Thank you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
c++ please! i incldued the assignment pdf and blob.txt
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 6 months ago.
Okay, I see the files, when do you need this completed?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As soon as possible please
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 6 months ago.
okay. I'll get it figured out tonight.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 6 months ago.
What libraries/functions would you use to open or close a file? Have you ever used the keyword "new" before (i.e. dynamic arrays)? I'm trying to use what you know.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 6 months ago.
Have you ever passed an array into a function?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I have , usually I use the operation, and yes I have passed arrays to functions
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 6 months ago.
Okay, thank you. This will take me a few hours to complete. I'm on the east coast, but I will have it done before midnight. I have the solution in mind and the .cpp has my pseudo code in comments. I'm filling in out now.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you !
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 6 months ago.
Done. Below is a screenshot of the output. Here is a hyperlink to download the .cpp file:
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 6 months ago.
I would just attach the .cpp, but changing to a .txt can change the indent spacing and JustAnswer does not allow .cpp attachments (unrecognized file type). Look it over, let me know what questions you have or if you get compile errors. I have no errors or warnings, but it may be different on your machine.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 6 months ago.
When you click on the hyperlink just download the .cpp. Otherwise it tries to open it and mediafire doesn't know what to do with it.
Expert:  Zabo04 replied 6 months ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.