Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Question:Based on your own personal research, propose a

Customer Question

Question:Based on your own personal research, propose a "law" similar to Moore's Law, but specific to wireless network bandwidth, data rates, spectrum usage, or some other metric related to wireless digital data transfer. You should start with an analysis of wireless network data rates going back to the first use of wireless digital data transfer (go back at least to ALOHAnet [3] in the 1970s) and analyze how bandwidth or data rates have increased as technology has progressed through TDM, OFDM, CDMA, and other technologies, as well as the potential throughput optimizations that might be available from software defined radio and cognitive radio/networks. 3 pages.Due in a week.
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The full question:’s Law
In 1965, Gor***** *****, co-founder of Intel and Fairchild Semiconductor, famously predicted that the number of components per square inch on an integrated circuit would roughly double every year [1]. In 1975, that prediction was scaled slightly to predict a doubling every two years. Moore’s predictions have since been referred to as Moore’s Law:
"Moore's law" is the observation that, over the history of computing hardware, the number of transistors in a dense integrated circuit has doubled approximately every two years. [2]
Moor’s Law has been used to predict increases in computing power for the last 50+ years. While other experts have predicted the demise of Moore’s Law due to physical limitations related to the manufacturing process, it has proven to be surprisingly robust. With continuing advances in nanotechnology and quantum computing, Moore’s Law could potentially hold true for many years to come.
Based on course readings, lectures, discussions, and (primarily) your own personal research, propose a “law” similar to Moore’s Law, but specific to wireless network bandwidth, data rates, spectrum usage, or some other metric related to wireless digital data transfer. You should start with an analysis of wireless network data rates going back to the first use of wireless digital data transfer (go back at least to ALOHAnet [3] in the 1970s) and analyze how bandwidth or data rates have increased as technology has progressed through TDM, OFDM, CDMA, and other technologies, as well as the potential throughput optimizations that might be available from software defined radio and cognitive radio/networks. The metric(s) that you use in your new “law” is up to you. Your law might refer to point-to-point bandwidth, total available bandwidth between multiple (possibly large numbers) of nodes per unit area, or some other measurement. You should articulate how your chosen metric has changed (increased?) over time and specify the technologies (hardware, protocols, modulation schemes, or other) that have facilitated those changes. From there, speculate how long you expect your ‘law’ to hold true and mention the technologies (existing or imagined) that might allow that trend to continue.
Your analysis should result in a 3 to 4 page paper (including footnotes and references). Be thorough but succinct. Paper format is up to you; use IEEE format for references. Email your paper to me in .pdf format by midnight on Sunday, May 1st.
[1] G. Moore, “Cramming More Components onto Integrated Circuits,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 86, no. 1, January 1998 (reprinted from April 1965 Electronics article). [2] “Moore’s Law,” [online]. Wikipedia.org. Last accessed 13 April 2016. Available at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law [3] N. Abramson, “The Throughput of Packet Broadcasting Channels,” IEEE Transactions
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** a rubric of requirements for this project?Thanks,David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Is anybody start working on that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rubric of requirements? What do you mean?
Basically, we need to write about the evolution of Wireless throughput over the years. Relate that to Moore law or create your own law similar to More's law for the wireless this time, and make a predication for the future evolution of wireless. It is due in 5 days and should have 3 to 4 pages including References.
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.Also, just to clarify, the report is due in 5 days rather than on May 1st?Thanks,David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I will need it on 28th.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be able to finish it by 4/28?
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Since I am not absolutely certain that I will be able to complete the report by the 28th, if the due date cannot be extended, I will opt out so that another expert can assist you.Thanks,David.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When will you able to finish it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you can finish it by 4/30 that will be fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you will be done by 4/30, the deadline is getting closer.