Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Question 1: In Fall 07, the MHMR ran public service

Customer Question

Question 1: In Fall 07, the MHMR ran public service announcements advertising treatment resources for mental health, substance abuse and dual diagnoses (both). Does the distribution of pre-existing conditions (Mental health, Substance Abuse or Both) differ from what one would expect by chance?
1. Run a Chi Square Goodness-of-Fit using PreExisting Condition as the variable with “all categories equal”.
2. Report the observed and expected values and the tests of statistical significance.Question 2. The MHMR received data from the State indicated that MHMR facilities tend to attract more substance abuse cases than mental health or dual diagnosis clients. Does the distribution of clients (Mental health, Substance Abuse or Both) differ from the State data?
2. Run a Chi Square Goodness-of-Fit using Type of Treatment as the variable with “all categories unequal” with 12, 26, and 12 as the expected values.
3. Report the observed and expected values and the tests of statistical significance.Question 3: The MHMR would like to know if there is a relationship between the Type of Patient and Court Ordered.
1. Run Chi Square Independence test (Crosstabs) using Newpatient in the rows and Court in the column.
2. Use the Chi Square and the Phi Coefficient to evaluate the relationship and statistical significance.
3. Report the observed and expected values and the tests of statistical significance.Summarize your results. What can you tell this MHMR about the kinds of clients that use this facility? Is utilization in this MHMR similar or different than the state? What type of patient is the most frequent user of these services?
Category: Homework
Expert:  GLENN replied 7 months ago.
Hi Thank you for using this site. When do you need the answers for these?Please reply.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tonight
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
But I submitted the wrong data sets
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can I add the correct ones?
Expert:  GLENN replied 7 months ago.
How many hours is that from now? (I am from another time zone)Yes you may attach the correct data.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
3 hours
Expert:  GLENN replied 7 months ago.
ah ok, can you attach now the correct data file?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I attached it.
Expert:  GLENN replied 7 months ago.
Hi,In question 1Use PreExisting Condition as the variable with “all categories equal”.what column in the 2nd excel file is that? also in In question 2using Type of Treatment as the variablewhat column in the 2nd excel file is that?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am so sorry! I did send you the correct one the first time. The problem is I had to convert two different data sets from SPSS to excel and mixed them up.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Is there a way to send you the SPSS data set file? This website does not allow me to upload it. So that's why I converted it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just in case here is the first one again which is the one you should be using.
Expert:  GLENN replied 7 months ago.
Ah wait, do you mean am I required to use SPSS here?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes....are you able to use SPSS?
Expert:  GLENN replied 7 months ago.
o, I am sorry, I thought using excel is just enough, I do not have SPSS right now. You should mention that (re SPSS) at the start, so that the expert will be informed. Is it not possible to just use excel? Since these 2 questions are solvable using excel, Can we just use excel instead?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No I am required to use SPSS. It's ok I will figure something out. Thank you for your time. Have a good day.
Expert:  GLENN replied 7 months ago.
Ok sorry, I will just opt out so that other experts can help you on this.