Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

Question 1 is based on the following paragraph. A trip to the

Customer Question

Question 1 is based on the following paragraph. A trip to the ocean can be a relaxing escape from the everyday pressures of life. A sailboat glistening on the horizon provides a mental escape to faraway places. The rhythm of the ocean beating against the sand is sedating music to a troubled mind. A slow, gentle breeze can relax your tensions. You should always be careful to avoid overexposure to the sun at the beach.
1. Write or type the sentences that answer the following questions: a. What sentence is the topic sentence of the paragraph? A trip to the ocean can be a relaxing escape from the everyday pressures of life.
b. What sentence is unrelated to the topic and can be eliminated? You should always be careful to avoid overexposure to the sun at the beach.
2. List four things to look for when you’re proofreading. Spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar
3. a. Define the term cliché. An expression or idea that has been overused so much that it has lost it's original meaning.
b. Write one sentence that contains a cliché. My dad and I are so much alike that most people say that we are "two peas in a pod."
4. Name and explain two types of prewriting.
Free writing: writing all of your ideas down on paper about a given topic in no particular order.
Outlining: a more formal way to organize your ideas that usually mirrors your paper with an introduction, body of supporting details, and a conclusion.
5. Choose one of the topics listed below and write a five-sentence paragraph using chronological order to arrange the details of the paragraph.
c. Let me explain how to make my favorite sandwich.
My favorite sandwich is a peanut butter and sandwich which is quite simple to make. First I obtain the three ingredients of two slices of bread, peanut butter, and jelly. I carefully spread jelly on one slice of the bread and the peanut butter on the other slice. Then I meticulously line up the corners of the bread and lightly press them together. Last, I cut my sandwich in half as it is ready to be eaten.
6. Choose one of the following topics. Write an eight-sentence paragraph that fully develops the topic. b. Advances in technology are making people less social.
In our rapidly changing society, technological advances have made people less social. As a result of computer enhancements, an individual can do just about everything from their home such as pay bills, send emails, shop for items such as clothes, cars, furniture and household appliances, make travel reservations and even attend school by taking on line classes in a distance learning environment. Additionally, the usage of cell phones has risen especially with the text messaging feature which adds to our being less social. Gone are the days of calling up acquaintances just to say a simple' "hello." Furthermore when contacting many businesses, an individual travels on a journey of recorded messages before actually speaking to a "live " person. Businesses even use video conferencing instead of physically meeting with the employees. Also many billboards post electronic ads and schools even post important daily messages on their marquees. Nonetheless, our advances in technology are most appreciated but social interaction is still important to maintain much needed relationships with each other because, "No man is an island."
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Question 1 is based on the following paragraph. A trip to the ocean can be a relaxing escape from the everyday pressures of life. A sailboat glistening on the horizon provides a mental escape to faraway places. The rhythm of the ocean beating against the sand is sedating music to a troubled mind. A slow, gentle breeze can relax your tensions. You should always be careful to avoid overexposure to the sun at the beach.1. Write or type the sentences that answer the following questions: a. What sentence is the topic sentence of the paragraph? A trip to the ocean can be a relaxing escape from the everyday pressures of life.b. What sentence is unrelated to the topic and can be eliminated? You should always be careful to avoid overexposure to the sun at the beach.2. List four things to look for when you’re proofreading. Spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and grammar3. a. Define the term cliché. An expression or idea that has been overused so much that it has lost it's original meaning.b. Write one sentence that contains a cliché. My dad and I are so much alike that most people say that we are "two peas in a pod."4. Name and explain two types of prewriting.
Outlining: a more formal way to organize your ideas that usually mirrors your paper with an introduction, body of supporting details, and a conclusion.5. Choose one of the topics listed below and write a five-sentence paragraph using chronological order to arrange the details of the paragraph.c. Let me explain how to make my favorite sandwich.
My favorite sandwich is a peanut butter and sandwich which is quite simple to make. First I obtain the three ingredients of two slices of bread, peanut butter, and jelly. I carefully spread jelly on one slice of the bread and the peanut butter on the other slice. Then I meticulously line up the corners of the bread and lightly press them together. Last, I cut my sandwich in half as it is ready to be eaten.6. Choose one of the following topics. Write an eight-sentence paragraph that fully develops the topic. b. Advances in technology are making people less social.
Expert:  GLENN replied 11 months ago.
HiThank you for using this site. When do you need the answers for these? (how many days from now?) Please reply.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I need the answers monday.
Expert:  GLENN replied 11 months ago.
Can you kindly accept the small offer below?