Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

We started the muscular system a week ago yesterday and

Customer Question

We started the muscular system a week ago yesterday and already next week in our lab class we will have the lab practical on the muscle system. We will have to identify the name of muscle, attachment pts. and possibly action of muscle using terms like elevate, flex, abduct, abbuct. I am pretty good with the head muscles. We will have either just an model out with a tag on muscle to be identified or maybe just one leg with may several pieces to ideniify different muscles from the leg or just an arm out and same as leg with several pieces or tags on a certain muscle to identify the muscle. How is the best way to remember all the following muscles like in torso: there are some I have trouble with for anterior torso and that is like: external intercostals and internal intercostals, external obliques and internal obliques have trouble telling which is which on a model. And on posterior torso the trapezius, rhombodeus major, if I am right the levator scapulae is up by neck region near the splenius capitis, the teres major, the different rotator cuff muscles. And on the upper extremity have trouble to know the difference between where on an arm model or regular full model the biceps brachii, brachialis, brachoradialis, triceps brachii I know is the back of arm muscle, the supinator, pronator teres, how to remember best that the flexor carpi radialis is on front of arm going towards thumb and the flexor carpi ulnaris is also on front of arm going towards pinky and on back of forearm the extensor carpi radialis longus and extensor carpi ulnaris. As for the leg muscles I am all confused about everyone of there locations of the different muscles we need to know: ilacus-psoas or separate them, tensor fasciae latae, IT band, adductor longus, gracilis,biceps femoris, semitendinosus, semimembranous, sartorius, rectus femoris, vastus lateralis, vastus medialis, vastus intermedius, tibialis anterior if I am right with this is on front lower part of leg in like middle also known as shin bone, gastrocnemius, is on back of lower leg in the middle as well, but I am not sure about soleus and fibularis.Also for lab practical we have to identify four different slides they are: skeletal muscle slide to know that it is skeletal muscle that it is multinucleated, has striations, know how cardiac muscle slide looks for the reasons single nuclei, has striations and has intercalcated discs, know how smooth muscle slide looks for the following reasons the shape that it is fusiform or spindle shaped and not striated and the last slide we have to look at to identify is a Motor Unit to see in that and identify the motor nerve, axonal branches of motor neuron and the skeletal muscle cells.This is all the information we need to know for lab practical if you can think of any good things to help me learn and remember locations by or provide any good websites for any of the information. We have the opportunity to either take the lab practical next Tuesday or Friday, should I tell her I want to take it Friday if you need some time to find information for me to help me out the best you can on the different musclesMuscles of the head we need to know are: Frontalis, occipitalis, temporalis, masseter, buccinator, zygomaticus all those I kind of also have trouble with a few of them identifying them on a model of a skull where they are located. I am good with frontalis that is the front or forehead, occipitalis is back of skull but all other ones on the skull have trouble with identifying on a skull model.And to remember each different muscle points of attachment and possibly action.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 11 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.