GLENN
GLENN, Teacher
Experience:  Math Teacher for at least 15 years
79514296

1)A college mathematics major, working as a reporter campus

Customer Question

1)A college mathematics major, working as a reporter for the campus newspaper, interview the first 40 students who enter an on-campus basketball game, asking about their confidence in the team's performance in the upcoming game. His report shows up the next day in the campus paper as a report on thestudent body's feelings about the basketball team. Answer the following question about this situation and give evidence for each answer.
a) Is this an example of descriptive statistics or inferential statistics?
b) is this a random sample
c) how could the sampling method have been improved
3) a)Explain the two conditions required for a valid large sample test of hypothesis for a mean
b)explain the two different possible outcomes of a test of hypothesis
6) A biotechnology company produces a chemical agent in batches of 250 doses. The number of defective doses per batch is a random variable with mean 14.09. What is the standard deviation of this random variable and how do you know
7) The number of persons ejected from a popular night club in a given 24 hour period is approximately normally distributed with mean u=12 and standard deviation o=5. use this information to estimate the probability that the number of people ejected on a given night is between 10 and 14
8) One half of one percent of the checks received by an oil company is returned due to insufficient funds. Yesterday, 500 checks were received in the mail. Let x equal the number of these checks that will be returned due to insufficient funds. Use the poisson distribution to compute the following binomial probabilities
a) non of the checks are returned
b) One or more checks are returned
c) Less than three checks are returned
9) Suppose you're computing the minimum sample size required to obtain an interval estimate for a population mean with a desired level of confidence, and that the population standard deviation isnt known to you. What are two ways you could get estimates of that standard deviation to use instead.
a) suppose you're computing the minimum sample size required to obtain an interval estimate for a population proportion p with a desired level of confidence. In such a case, the value of p (and thus of q) will be unknown to you. Since the formula for computing the minimum sample size requires both p and q explain what you will do
b. Whether computing the sample size for a population mean or a population proportion, the formula may result in a non- integer value. How should you handle that?
Category: Homework
Expert:  GLENN replied 8 months ago.

Hi

Thank you for using this site. When do you need the answers for these? (how many days from now?)

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need answers as soon as possible. Can you complete them tonight?
Expert:  GLENN replied 8 months ago.

Can you kindly accept the small offer below?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i do not want to accept the offer. When will you respond to the statisitic questions I sent you
Expert:  GLENN replied 8 months ago.

I'm working on them now

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I specifically paid for the answer to my questions to be rushed and I still have not received my response?
Expert:  GLENN replied 8 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
when will my answers be completed
Expert:  GLENN replied 8 months ago.

about the Poisson Do I need to use normal approximation? or the other formula?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know
Expert:  GLENN replied 8 months ago.

ok

Expert:  GLENN replied 8 months ago.

Hi there!

Attached below is the link of the word file of the complete answers. Please copy and paste the link, and download....

.
.
.
https://www.mediafire.com/?c6872qvlqjwdda6
.
.

Thanks

**``**************************************************************************************************************************************

If you are satisfied and happy with the answer, please choose a high rating. (so that I get paid) If you need more information, clarifications, or are not satisfied yet, choose 'Continue the conversation'. Bonuses are very much appreciated. Thanks!

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT. So kindly do not forget to rate and accept the answer, thanks!

************************************************ ******************* ********************************************************** ******* *******

If you still need help for your math or stat home works, You can request me in future by writing "For Mr. Glenn only" at the start/title of your question so that I can see and answer it immediately.
.

Expert:  GLENN replied 8 months ago.

- Have you received the answer file ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would love to give you a good rating, however the questions are not all satisfactory
#3 is not so clear
#6 you didn't answer how do you know
Alot of the answers are not so clear and don't have so much detail. Can you review them so i can give you a five rating. I need them done by tomorrow. Thank you.
Expert:  GLENN replied 8 months ago.

Wait, All questions have been answered correctly? with enough solutions, for example, in the Poisson distribution, just use the formula, then substitute

Expert:  GLENN replied 8 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.