Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

I need help with a Project in Java, is a final project and I

Customer Question

I need help with a Project in Java, is a final project and I have no idea how to do it, I also can provide the java documents that I've been given to
Category: Homework
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This is the project I talked to:This project has two objectives:
• Simulate a recursive method using a stack. It should work with either an array implementation or a linked-list implementation of the Stack ADT.
• Gain experience implementing an efficient sorting algorithm.
1.Implement the Stack ADT efficiently using an array. To make it a bit interesting, make the stack grow from the end of the array instead of the beginning
It is up to you to determine which end (length-1 or length-itemCount) should be the top to make this efficient.
2. Implement the Stack ADT efficiently using a linked list. Again, to make it a bit more interesting, use an empty head node. (This is really not necessary for a stack, since we never remove any node except the first content node – the top of the stack.) Be sure to keep the head node empty.
3. Create an abstract subclass SortableArrayListWithStack of the abstract class SortableArrayList that I have provided. In this class, override the recursive method binarySearch with a method that uses a stack of activation records to simulate the recursion. This class should have a new constructor that allows the caller to specify the type of stack. Note that you will need to create an inner class ActivationRecord for the activation records for binary search. You can model this on the ActivationRecord class for FactorialCalculatorWithStack. Note, however, that it will contain different parameters and local variables.
At this point, you should test your implementation. One way to do this is to modify the class SortableArrayListWithBubbleSort so that it extends SortableArrayListWithStack (instead of just SortableArrayList). To run your tests, you can use the driver for a list of Strings that I have provided (modified to use a SortableArrayListWithStack. (I have also provided a text file animals.txt that you may use for input.) Be sure to test that it works for an item in the middle of the list, the item at the beginning of the list, the item at the end, and at least one item that is not in the list.
4. Create a new class SortableArrayListWithMergeSort or SortableArrayListWithQuickSort that extends your class SortableArrayListWithStack. This class should implement the method sortSubArray to use the appropriate sorting algorithm using recursion. You do not need to use a stack to simulate the recursion here.
Once again, you should test your implementation of this class using the driver I have provided (with an appropriate modification).
5. Write a new driver that creates a SortableArrayListWith…Sort. It should populate the list with random integers between 0 and 100 (using java.util.Random), print out the unsorted list and allow the user to search the unsorted list. It should then sort the list, print out the sorted list, and allow the user to search the sorted list. You may, of course, use the driver I have provided as a model.
6. (EXTRA CREDIT) Create a class SortableArrayListWithStackMergeSort or SortableArrayListWithStackQuickSort that uses a stack with appropriate activation records to simulate the recursion in Merge Sort or QuickSort. Write a modified driver that can be used to test your new class.
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Can you provide the specifics of what you are needing for this prompt as what you have provided above does not really show what is required. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find an expert who is best able to support your needs.

You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and then share the link here with us.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
in this zip folder, there is all the information about the project
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fgxy05jcxrsma65/Project_2.zip
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, I would like to know if you can help me?
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 9 months ago.

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.