GLENN
GLENN, Teacher
Experience:  Math Teacher for at least 15 years
79514296

I am studying in university so far, and I retake a class in

Customer Question

I am studying in university so far, and I retake a class in current semester which has the same prof, and I use the exam from the last semester to prepare this semester, and I did not noticed the exam are totally the same before. Because on her syllabus she mentioned the exam in this semester is 70 point, but the last semester is 80. Is this cheating at all?
Category: Homework
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

Hi ***** help you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am studying in university so far, and I retake a class in current semester which has the same prof, and I use the exam from the last semester to prepare this semester, and I did not noticed the exam are totally the same before. Because on her syllabus she mentioned the exam in this semester is 70point, but the last semester is 80. Is this cheating at all?
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a copy of the student manual of your university regarding academic cheating (cheating during exams) So that we can based this on the manual? Also how did you obtain a copy of the last semester test? Do you have a knowledge that the prof, uses or recycle some or most of his previous questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I obtained a last semester test because the professor gave that back at last semester, it is totally same to the this semester's test.
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

ok for a while will read first the manual

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean about deadline?
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

ah sorry , it is for another customer.

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

Actually your case is a little bit complicated. Technically, it is already a form of cheating, and a collaboration with your professor. It is a must for any teacher or prof, to change his/her previous semester exams and not to use exactly the same exam as much as possible. But if the prof has justifiable reason to resuse exactly the same set of tests, he or she should tried his/her best not to provide any clue/hint or help to any students that he is going to use again exactly the same test in the previous semester.

This will technically fall under the section collaboration and your prof is also guilty. But as suggestion, if you can avoid using that exam paper, will be better, but if you accidentally already studied it, then the only thing you can do is not to get a perfect score on the test to avoid any suspicions or speculations from your teacher and classmates.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reported by my teacher to university conduct center, she said she saw I pushed my test so that she can saw the answers. Because that student has basically same answers with mine. But actually I did not push my paper at all, she said she saw I pushed, I think I might moved my test indelibertaly and I did not mean that. That student has admitted she looked at my test paper. I feel very unjustly. How can I appeal to university conduct center?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was reported by my teacher to university conduct center, she said she saw I pushed my test so that the other student could saw the answers. Because that student has basically same answers with mine. But actually I did not push my paper at all, she said she saw I pushed, I think I might moved my test indelibertaly and I did not mean that. That student has admitted she looked at my test paper. I feel very unjustly. How can I appeal to university conduct center?
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.