Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

A network proposal has to be developed manufacturing

Customer Question

A network proposal has to be developed for a manufacturing company. The design is an L-Shaped building approximately 1500 square feet. They will have 1 reception and 5 offices. Each office employee has a personal printer. They are not using a network to communicate.The table below shows the current number of offices and those in the future plan.Currently:Executive’s ( 4 )
Accounting ( 3 )
Business and HRM ( 2 )Future plans:
HR (6)
Accounting (5)
Breakroom (2)They are moving to a larger building 3500 square feet. They are expanding and will add 15 more offices. They will add network printers and wireless network for employees and guest. They will need to share files between departments.Design a network for this company to incorporate a network server, printer and wireless network.The following questions are questions that your proposal should answer:What type of network topology should be used? What type of cabling will need to be used? What are the hardware needs? This proposal should include a detail of the network topology, an itemized list of materials/hardware needed, an estimated time to complete, and an estimated cost for all materials and hardware.
Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/homework/9d2l7-network-proposal-developed-manufacturing-company-th.html#ixzz41vsZgl00
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 9 months ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I tried to continue the conversation. I need way more info then that
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need way more detail this doesn't cover type of equipment the firwalls for security how much cabling needed and type of cabling as far as brandA network proposal has to be developed for a manufacturing company. The design is an L-Shaped building approximately 1500 square feet. They will have 1 reception and 5 offices. Each office employee has a personal printer. They are not using a network to communicate.
Currently: President's Office (4), Accounting (3), and Business and HRM (2)
Future Plans: HR (6), Accounting (5), and Break room (2)
They are moving to a larger building 3500 square feet. They are expanding and will add 15 more offices. They will add network printers and wireless network for employees and guest. They will need to share files between departments.
You will use the highlighted areas as indicators to help address the needs below. Take into consideration exactly what the project will need and what requirements each bit of information requests and add to the proposal. The proposal is similar to network plan for an organization. Try to approach it with the perspective of a company approaching you as a network professional to construct a design plan for their new network.
Design a network for this company to incorporate a network server, printer and wireless network. Provide a security solution for them. Security is addressed in Chapter 7&8
What type of topology? Topologies are addressed in Chapter 1&10
What type of cabling will need to be used? Cabling is addressed in Chapters 4&5 Wireless networks are addressed in Chapter 6
You will need to determine cabling, hardware and software needs. Based on the factors you select above you will determine what these needs are, this section is simply addressing how much, how many, and what kind of materials (cabling, hardware and software) you choose.
Include a timeline and cost analysis for the executives.
Here I would estimate a timeline, conducting research on network project timelines will help you develop a realistic timeline.
As far as cost analysis goes, I would use well branded equipment such as Cisco, Foundry, or Brocade. You will need to research their equipment options in order to determine the best product for your network plan, be able to defend your choices; executives should know why you chose one product over another. Additionally as far as cabling goes I would use well known sources for this as well such as black box.this is an example of the template I will be filling out wih the info providedSECTION I: Executive Summary for Proposal
Here you will provide an overview of the problem and resolution.DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS WHEN COMPLETE
SECTION II: Topology
Here you will provide a topology of how the network will designed. Use Figures 1-6, 1-12, 1-13, and 1-14 as examples.DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS WHEN COMPLETE
SECTION II: Cabling, Hardware, Software Needs
Here you will provide your selections for cabling, hardware, and software needs.
DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS WHEN COMPLETE
SECTION IV: Security Solution
Here you will provide your selection for security solution.DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS WHEN COMPLETE
SECTION V: Timeline and Cost Analysis
Here you will provide an estimated timeline and cost analysis. Your timeline should include start dates, section completion updates/benchmarks, and estimated dates for final testing/handover project completion. Use the basic timeline feature in word following the path for Insert>SmartArt >Process>Basic Timeline.Your Cost analysis should provide the type of equipment/product, quantity or amount needed, total cost for each item, labor/manpower costs (how many people, for how many hours, for how many days), and total projected cost completed project proposal. Use a table to complete this portion of the section.DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS WHEN COMPLETE
SECTION VI: Proposal
Here you will provide a detailed explanation of how the problem in the executive summary will be resolved using the equipment and configuration listed in sections II, II, and IV. This portion should also contain information from the topology, cabling, hardware, software needs, security solution, and
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.