Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

I need help with determining the statistical significance of

Customer Question

I need help with determining the statistical significance of the outcomes of a study.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Aim: To evaluate the Impact of switching from Lucentis to Eylea in nAMD patients inadequately responding to Lucentis.Twenty eyes of 17 patients were identified for inclusion in this study. All patients were previously treated with Lucentis for one year (Visual acuities (VA) are recorded as ETDRS letter scores)Initial visual acuity (VA), (prior to treatment with Lucentis): Mean = 64.75 (SD 12.53994), range : 46- 85VA at one year after treatment with Lucentis: Mean 58.85 ( SD 13.35458 ), range: 31- 83Gain/loss of VA at one year of treatment with Lucentis: -5.9 (SD 7.2830011), range: -20 to +4The cohort of patients was then treated with Eylea for one year. (switched to Eylea from Lucentis)VA at switch: Mean 58.85 (SD 13.35458), range 31-83VA at six months post switch: Mean 63.85 (SD 15.38377) range: 46-94Gain/loss of VA at six months post switch: +5.0 (8.169262) range: -7 to +23VA at one year post switch: Mean 60.0 (SD 16.48) range: 31- 92Gain/loss of VA at one year post switch: +1.15 (SD 9.143735273) , range: -13 to +23Results: It appears that the drug Eylea improved Mean VA at 6 months and also at one year after the switch. Question: Is this improvement in mean VA statistically significant, at six months and at one year?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tutors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Homework
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

thank you for using this site, when do you need the answers? (how many days from now?) Also can you attach a word file of the complete question? (some data are mixed and are really hard to read)

please reply. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sending it again, hope it is clear now-please let me know. I would, ideally,like the answer before the weekend. Thanks.Aim: To evaluate the Impact of switching from Lucentis to Eylea in nAMD patients inadequately responding to Lucentis.Twenty eyes of 17 patients were identified for inclusion in this study.All patients were previously treated with Lucentis for one year
(Visual acuities (VA) are recorded as ETDRS letter scores)Initial visual acuity (VA), (prior to treatment with Lucentis): Mean = 64.75 (SD 12.53994), range : 46- 85
VA at one year after treatment with Lucentis: Mean 58.85 ( SD 13.35458 ), range: 31- 83
Gain/loss of VA at one year of treatment with Lucentis: -5.9 (SD 7.2830011), range: -20 to +4The cohort of patients was then treated with Eylea for one year. (switched to Eylea from Lucentis)VA at switch: Mean 58.85 (SD 13.35458), range 31-83
VA at six months post switch: Mean 63.85 (SD 15.38377) range: 46-94
Gain/loss of VA at six months post switch: +5.0 (8.169262) range: -7 to +23VA at one year post switch: Mean 60.0 (SD 16.48) range: 31- 92
Gain/loss of VA at one year post switch: +1.15 (SD 9.143735273) , range: -13 to +23Results:
It appears that the drug Eylea improved Mean VA at 6 months and also at one year after the switch.
Question:
Is this improvement if mean VA statistically significant, at six months and at one year?
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

By the way, as one of the strict rules of this site, we cannot post our emails or any private information here, (also for our own protection). But there is one option I can send to you my email (using a private dialog box) so that I can send the answer to your email, in order to prevent others from downloading or copying the answers if I will post them here.

.

(please do not post your email here)

.

Do you want me to use that option? please reply. Thanks.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
As you have requested, I have posted the question again. Please post the answer to me in the manner that 'just answer' has always done. Thank you.
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You reported that the text was not clear. I sent the text again yesterday. Please confirm that you have received it. Thank you
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

ah yes I just received it,

Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

May I please know when will be your deadline for this question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey,
This question was sent more than a week back and all I have received from you are requests for more money.
The dead line I had given you was last weekend and I shall give you a further 24 hours. If I do not get the answer or it is unsatisfactory, I will need to ask 'just answer' to refund the money. Please understand, 24 hours from now and I will claim the refund.I need the answer
Expert:  GLENN replied 1 year ago.

ok sir, please accept the small offer below, thanks