Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
Experience:  JD, MBA, CFP & Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist
1929974

Internal memorandum, which of the following should be

Customer Question

For an internal memorandum, which of the following should be included?
a. The facts claimed by both sides, and statutes and case law supporting both sides positions. b. The facts claimed by your side, and statutes and case law supporting your side's position. c. The facts claimed by both sides and case law supporting your side's position. d. The facts claimed by your side and case law supporting your side's position.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial & tax advice since 1986.

...

Hi,I can help here,

...

The largest portion of the internal memo is the discussion section. It is in this section that all legal analysis occurs, as well as any application of the law to the facts giving rise to the issue.

...

Most important to THIS question, all attorneys have an ethical duty to inform the court of authority contrary to their position; therefore, it is essential that the internal legal memorandum discuss all aspects of an issue, including contradictory authority.

...

The answer is (a)

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.