HomeworkPete
HomeworkPete, Engineer
Experience:  A-Level Math, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, and general topics.
30970729

My name is ***** ***** I have a corrupt PJT file and I

Customer Question

Customer: hello, my name is ***** ***** I have a corrupt PJT file and I cannot open the project . I have VFP 9.0. How much does it cost to get help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was working on one of forms and had an issue with an error 'Thisform cannot be used outside of a method'. Closed VFP an when I tried to open the project again, it aid I hada corrupt or misssing PJT file.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Homework
Expert:  HomeworkPete replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

To repair this project file, first check that both the .PJX and .PJT files exist in the same directory. If the .PJX file is missing you will get this error.

Next, create a new project and add the main program to it. Build the new project into an application. If the project memo file (.PJT) is damaged or corrupt, this technique will fix the problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
While waiting for an answer, I found this approach on the internet for free. It doesn't actually work exactly as described, but with a few modifications, I got it work. I am up an running again. With a little more patience I could have saved the $31, Thanks anyway,,,,,,
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.