Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

If I bought a washing machine from a retailer and that

Customer Question

If I bought a washing machine from a retailer and that washing machine came with a free vacuum cleaner which I understood to be lightweight, I told the retailer I didn't need a vacuum cleaner but my mum needs a lightweight one as she has back problems and asked if it could be delivered directly to her to which they agreed to deliver the following day. The following Day i received my washing machine (which was not the exact spec I asked for and it was faulty) also the free vacume wasn't delivered until the second day after I paid (they told me it would be delivered the next day), my mum says the vacuum cleaner is really heavy and not lightweight and she hurt her back lifting it. Can my mum claim damages? And to what extent is the store liable for my faulty and not quite as described washing machine because my clothes where left in the machine for days due to the fault and some have shrunk and discoloured. Thx
Category: Homework
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 11 months ago.

Hello when did you buy it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Two weeks sorry

Ok.

Why didn't you just return it when you realised it was not suitable?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Because it's a hypothetical situation, I need to check my own answer for an assignment. I can give you the full scenario if you like, it's quite long, that was a summary. disclaimer clauses, guarantees, misrepresentation, consumer contract, collateral contract.
Thx

Sorry, can't help with assignments.

I will opt out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok, how do I get refunded?